Cupcake To Go / Picture*

Decorating By ReenieK Updated 22 Apr 2008 , 12:10am by ReenieK

ReenieK Posted 16 Apr 2008 , 11:19pm
post #1 of 26

I posted that picture of the jarred cupcakes a few days ago.
Heres mine, ( Different container, different name, different recipe)
I had bought jars, but they were way to big, so I found these Bell Jam containers at walmart & they fit a cupcake perfectly. I just sliced the cupcakes & layered them w/ frosting.

25 replies
andpotts Posted 16 Apr 2008 , 11:26pm
post #2 of 26

I can't see the picture. I do like your spin on the name though icon_wink.gif

tonedna Posted 16 Apr 2008 , 11:29pm
post #3 of 26

You see thats what I mean..she cant say those are the same!...icon_lol.gif

joy5678 Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 5:25am
post #4 of 26

These are so cute. What a good idea! I have done jar cakes but without icing they just don't "ring my bell." They keep a long time, but icing won't so I really gave up on them. How long will the cupcakes and icing stay fresh? Should they be eaten right away? How do you price them? Sorry, so many questions but I really like them for favors &/or gifts, or to go along with a cake or possible samples to get new business. Thanks for sharing

ReenieK Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 12:20pm
post #5 of 26

these should be eaten & not kept. They are quick & simple to do.
If I was to sell them, probably $3.50. Not sure.

peardream Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 12:46pm
post #6 of 26

This is a cute idea. I had seen it on etsy, being sold by the Fat Daddy Bake Shop. It's a great way to ship cupcakes without worrying about smashing them.

I love the way you decorated the jar (the ribbon and the sticker on top). Very Cute!

t00precious Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 12:46pm
post #7 of 26

I love these. I need to make cupcakes for a breat cancer awareness back sale at church. What kind of cake did you use. What do you think would be a great flavor cupcake and filling for this event. I had bought pink ribbon cupcake liners, but these are cuter. I can personalize a sticker for the event. This is a great idea. You should be proud of the outcome of your product.

busymom9431 Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 12:47pm
post #8 of 26

How much were the containers.........love the idea. SO cute! icon_smile.gif

busymom9431 Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 12:50pm
post #9 of 26

Could you also tell me which area of the store to look for these containers? Thanks!

HerBoudoir Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 1:10pm
post #10 of 26

Cute!

I do a lot of beach trips and picnics in the summer, so I definately think I'm going to try making the cupcake in a jar (just not the ORIGINAL ones since that's patent pending icon_wink.gif) I think the jars will fit great in the cooler.

I will probably make them more trifle-like though. Maybe a little custard or bavarian cream, fresh fruit, etc. Mmmmm...lots of possibilities icon_smile.gif

ReenieK Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 6:00pm
post #11 of 26

thanks everyone icon_smile.gif
To answer a few questions, this is just a yellow cake & vanilla frosting.
These are bell plastic jam jars / I found them at walmart w/ the glass bell jars. they were like $3.50 for 5 of them.
These would be great for a picnic!
The label is just a round Avery label # 5294 template.

joy5678 Posted 18 Apr 2008 , 3:19am
post #12 of 26

I just luv this idea. Anytime I have left over batter--guess what I'm going to do with it? Thanks for introducing and sharing yours with us.

wrightway777 Posted 18 Apr 2008 , 4:32am
post #13 of 26

what is the white paper product inside the jar? Very cute by the way!

andpotts Posted 18 Apr 2008 , 10:15am
post #14 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerBoudoir

I will probably make them more trifle-like though. Maybe a little custard or bavarian cream, fresh fruit, etc. Mmmmm...lots of possibilities icon_smile.gif

Oh goodie I can finally see the picture! I love that you used the plastic jars, I think I like that better than the glass. Yours came out really cute, can't wait to try, I'm with HerBoudoir, I've had so many ideas since the original post icon_smile.gif I really want to try them as little ice cream cakes and with different, cream and fruit fillings icon_biggrin.gif

Love the tags you made up too.

ReenieK Posted 18 Apr 2008 , 11:03am
post #15 of 26

wrightway777
Theres no white paper product inside the jar, that is just whipped vanilla frosting.

wrightway777 Posted 20 Apr 2008 , 8:24pm
post #16 of 26

I went out and bought these cute containers. I even noticed for the exact same price you can get bigger plastic containers (same Ball type) in a package of 4 (I would love to see a King Size Cupcake or "Cupcake for two". Great idea for your site! These containers sure would weigh less - I think you would be a great competitor on Etsy too (up against the one that is already there = FD)!
You must sell these on your site right away!! How cute! Quick question: it looks like you didnt cut them in half like your other post mentions of FD. So how are they layered in the jar?

ReenieK Posted 20 Apr 2008 , 8:49pm
post #17 of 26

What is FD?
I just cut the cupcake in half & used those two pieces to layer between frosting. icon_smile.gif

sammie192 Posted 20 Apr 2008 , 8:52pm
post #18 of 26

reenie your cupcakes are to cute .i seen the picture of the other ones smaller, yours are much nicer and you showed us how to make them. i want to try making
them thanks sammie

pjmw Posted 20 Apr 2008 , 9:06pm
post #19 of 26

what a great idea for a bake sale or to take on a picnicicon_smile.gif Thanks for sharing!

ReenieK Posted 20 Apr 2008 , 9:55pm
post #20 of 26

your very welcome !

SugarBakerz Posted 21 Apr 2008 , 3:18pm
post #21 of 26

reenie, what about the lids? I know must jars come with the sealing lid? Also, is this idea up for grabs and redo's???? I think it is a neat thing to do and would do well at the coffee shop I do consignment for. You know that strawberry pie filling dish people put in a trifle bowl (smashed up cake, then strawberry pie filling, the cool whip, all layered) that would be a great idea too... or chocolate turtle ones.... ooohhhhhh thanks for starting the hype... what are these selling for reenie?

mommarivera Posted 21 Apr 2008 , 3:37pm
post #22 of 26

What a great idea!!!!!Thanks

GrandmaG Posted 21 Apr 2008 , 3:42pm
post #23 of 26

ReenieK, You are so clever! Thanks for sharing your idea. The combinations of flavors with cake and fillings and frosting could be endless.

crazy4sugar Posted 21 Apr 2008 , 3:51pm
post #24 of 26

FABULOUS, thank you for sharing!!

lu9129 Posted 21 Apr 2008 , 3:51pm
post #25 of 26

I think I would like to try these for my DD graduation party. It will be June 7th. Don't you think that these would hold up better than a cake outside?

I could get a label with her picture and graduation date on them for party favors. Do you do party favors at a graduation party? HMMMMMMMM?!!!!

Lu

ReenieK Posted 22 Apr 2008 , 12:10am
post #26 of 26

grad favors would be cute!
this just has a screw on lid. But travels very well.
My kids take them to school in lunch.
I havent sold them, just was playing around with the idea.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%