Black Silhouette Plaque On Cake!!!

Decorating By Cakebelle Updated 18 Apr 2008 , 4:55pm by Cakebelle

Cakebelle Posted 16 Apr 2008 , 11:06pm
post #1 of 7

Hello all you lovely people!
I'm one of the newbies here. I just wanted to ask if anyone has ever made a Black Silouette plaque on a cake? I've just been asked to make a Victorian plaque to go on top of a cake. I have some ideas of how to do it, but would love to get some input from you all, since it seems that most of the people on CC are so experienced! icon_biggrin.gif
Thank you for your help, it is much appreciated!

6 replies
KathysCC Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 2:26am
post #2 of 7

I think I would definitely do this in royal icing or colorflow. It would be easy to trace on wax paper. Can't wait to see it. Post a notice here when it is finished. icon_smile.gif

Cakebelle Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 5:07pm
post #3 of 7

Thank you so much Kathys. I think that's what I'll do too. I will post a picture when I get it done!

TheCakerator Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 9:16pm
post #4 of 7

don't know if this is to late or not, but I made a black silhouette of a bride on a bridal shower cake before .. it was made out of fondant and was put on buttercream icing ..

Cakebelle Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 11:59pm
post #5 of 7

No it's not late at all, the cake is for August. Do you have a picture of that cake you did? I would love to see what the silhouette looks like on a cake! icon_biggrin.gif Thank you for your help TheCakerator!

bobwonderbuns Posted 18 Apr 2008 , 12:16am
post #6 of 7

You might also consider using black fondant mixed with Tylose powder and cutting a plaque from that.

Cakebelle Posted 18 Apr 2008 , 4:55pm
post #7 of 7

Thank you all for your help. I think I'll try both ways, since I have plenty of time before the cake is due.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%