Which Is Better

Baking By t00precious Updated 16 Apr 2008 , 12:18pm by MichelleM77

t00precious Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
t00precious Posted 16 Apr 2008 , 10:11am
post #1 of 4

Everyone, I see that many like fondant while others seem to ptrfer rolled butter cream. I do lovew thew tatse of butter cream icing so, does the rolled butter cream taste the same? Or is the taste of fondant (mmf or satin ice) better? I like the satin ice fondant. Never had rolled butter cream or mmf. I do NOT have a kitchen aid, so I assumed IO just could not make either. Is it possible to make without a kitchen aid stand mixer?

3 replies
toleshed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
toleshed Posted 16 Apr 2008 , 10:15am
post #2 of 4

t00precious
I only use the MMF. No KA needed. Love the taste of it. Sorry - never tried the rbc.

Peeg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peeg Posted 16 Apr 2008 , 11:06am
post #3 of 4

My first fondant on any type was, RBC didn't have any problems. Some say that RBC stretches too much, I think you do have to roll it a little thicker. It taste good also. I do like satin ice too. I haven't used it yet, but it sure smells gool. I don't have a KA, I have a Cuisinart and love it.

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 16 Apr 2008 , 12:18pm
post #4 of 4

While the taste of RBC was okay when I made it (I never got it to work for me though), it tasted nothing like buttercream as it's all shortening, not a drop of butter (don't like butter flavoring).

I think it's all personal preference though. I'm willing to pay a few dollars more for convenience and buy Satin Ice. www.IntoTheOven.com has great shipping rates if you want to try it. I can get it cheaper from them ($3/lb including shipping!) than I can from my local cake supply shop.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%