Help Needed Asap With Pearl Necklace!!!!

Decorating By lmn4881 Updated 16 Apr 2008 , 6:43am by lmn4881

lmn4881 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lmn4881 Posted 16 Apr 2008 , 4:46am
post #1 of 5

I made the pearl necklace cake and I'm trying to get the pearls onto the cake. I made them out of fondant and am using a little bit of vanilla to stick them to the cake but they are just falling off and rolling around on the floor. This cake is due tomorrow for a charity silent auction. Any ideas?????

4 replies
lmn4881 Posted 16 Apr 2008 , 5:08am
post #2 of 5

I really need some help......is there anyone out there that knows what I am doing wrong?

KathysCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KathysCC Posted 16 Apr 2008 , 5:22am
post #3 of 5

I don't think the vanilla will work. If you are sticking fondant pearls to fondant or buttercream, try using a little buttercream icing, royal icing or piping gel as glue.

melysa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melysa Posted 16 Apr 2008 , 5:32am
post #4 of 5

depending on the size... anything that kathy mentioned should work. you can also use melted white chocolate. though i think your best bet would be royal icing (closer color match) or piping gel. the piping gel may need to dry up a teeny bit so that the stick will hold really well so it wont fall down. but again, royal is probably the way to go. that will definately work.

lmn4881 Posted 16 Apr 2008 , 6:43am
post #5 of 5

Thank you Kathy, you are truly a life saver. I will post the pictures tomorrow. I'm too tired tonight! Thank you again!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%