Know This Is Not Right Forum For This; So Very Frustrated!

Decorating By kakeladi Updated 16 Apr 2008 , 2:04pm by wgoat5

kakeladi Posted 15 Apr 2008 , 1:58pm
post #1 of 19

Ever since the switch to the new server(s) I have NOT been able to get a page to fully load! The once or twice I have reach the administration section Heath said the problem is on my end. I have tried repeatedly dumping my cache and taken off ALL pop-up blockers and any other protection and still only maybe 1 out of 100 pages will load. I cannot keep tract of a thread and have NEVER been able to load a pic in the last couple of weeks icon_sad.gif
Below is what I get when I click on the thread "what do you do to set yourself apart" : (Extra spacing removed to condense this post. Pay perticular attention to the last 6 or so lines)

So, I would really like to grow my business this year, and wanted to know what are some things that you guys do to set yourself apart from your competition. Obviously, other than custom design and stuff like that.
For example, I delivery all cakes. I see it as an added convenience to my customer and definitely something that sets me apart from the rest.
What about you guys?
Cake decorating ROCKS!!

Posted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:04 am
My hook is to make every decoration edible! People really seem to think that is very cool when you stress that to them. Although I have a challenge coming up for a 3D stand up silver chalice decoration. Never made one before, but bring it on!

Forum SuperStar!
Birthday: Jun 02
Posted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:24 am
I deliver all my items. *I have to per department of food division because of renting a kitchen*
Also, I box all of my dessert items (except for cakes that are boxed in reg. boxes) in decorative boxes and bags with food grade safe tissue paper that is actually plastic. People love this little extra special touch. I almost always get the boxes back too from them without asking so I can reuse them.
I believe that life is given to us so we may grow in love, and I believe that God is in me as the sun is in the color and fragrance of a flower. The Light in my darkness, The Voice in my silence." Helen Keller

Posted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:38 am
Since I rent out kitchen space. I offer to go to their home for taste testing. Have found it to be more laid back, the customer is comfortable because they are in a familiar place. I do charge for my testing but it's deducted from the cost if they book with me. Have found I almost always get the booking when I go to their home. I don't advertise the fact that I go to their homes for safety reasons but disclose this as an option when a bride calls for a tasting.
"Faith is not believing that God can BUT knowing that God will"

Forum Addict

Birthday: Jan 31
Posted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:31 pm <a href="cake-decorating-ftopic-q0

Is *ANYONE* else still having similar problems??
It is sooooooooo very frustrating. I want to participate; help out where I can but this is driving me nuts!! I have tried on a pc and a laptop; with high speed connection and w/medium speed connection. What can I do???????????????

18 replies
springlakecake Posted 15 Apr 2008 , 2:02pm
post #2 of 19

Hmmm....I have been doing much better here for the last week or so. Occasionally I can't get on, but it has gotten much better on my end. Sorry you are having troubles.

foxymomma521 Posted 15 Apr 2008 , 2:07pm
post #3 of 19

I'm sorry, but no problems here.

jadak Posted 15 Apr 2008 , 2:09pm
post #4 of 19

I haven't had any problems for at least a week. I'm sorry you're having problems. I hope someone can help you. I am no computer whiz, so I have no trouble shooting suggestions. Sorry.

2sdae Posted 15 Apr 2008 , 2:12pm
post #5 of 19

I keep not be able to load pages and mu posts disappearing too.
I have reloaded taken out this and that. It's awful and confusing.

tonimarie Posted 15 Apr 2008 , 2:18pm
post #6 of 19

I am sooo sorry about your problems still. I feel your pain because when I couldn't get on, I actually thought I might go mad! Do you have a local library or friends house you could go and use to look at CC in order to determine if it's your computer or the site? Thats the only thing I can think of. If it works for you elsewhere would it help to defrag and clean up your computer? it might be worth a try. icon_sad.gif

SweetResults Posted 15 Apr 2008 , 2:23pm
post #7 of 19

Are you using Internet Explorer? Maybe you could try downloading FireFox instead? It made a difference for me.

biviana Posted 15 Apr 2008 , 2:37pm
post #8 of 19

Sorry no problems here in the past week.

Ironbaker Posted 15 Apr 2008 , 2:38pm
post #9 of 19

I was also going to suggest Firefox if you're not already using it. It usually resolves many issues I have on IE.

kakeladi Posted 15 Apr 2008 , 2:40pm
post #10 of 19

This thread sayes there are 6 replies.....only 3 are loading.
Sometimes like now when I reply the 'quick reply' box isn't there & I have to use the other button at the top of the thread; this time all the replies showed up so I saw:

Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:12 am Post subject:
I keep not be able to load pages and mu posts disappearing too.
I have reloaded taken out this and that. It's awful and confusing.

Oh 2sdae thank you!! Someone else who is having problems -- it's not just me!!
I have defraged; I have taken my laptop to another location. Nothing helps.

MegWinn Posted 15 Apr 2008 , 2:43pm
post #11 of 19

I was having the same problems but realized it was my wireless connection...I am lucky enough to have a husband who is computer savvy and he merely changed the location of the wireless port. It seemed strange that it happened around the same time as the CC problems but I guess it really was MY problem and not CC's. Hope you discover the source of your frustration...I know how you feel!

yummymummy Posted 15 Apr 2008 , 2:59pm
post #12 of 19

I have internet explorer and haven't had too much of a problem. Every once in a while, a page won't load, but it's not just the forum pages, sometimes it's gallery or home page....but still pretty rare now.

debster Posted 15 Apr 2008 , 3:11pm
post #13 of 19

I'm using explorer too and it's been good the last week. Praise God!! I thought I would go batty there for awhile, this site is truly addicting icon_lol.gif

xstitcher Posted 16 Apr 2008 , 6:39am
post #14 of 19

I use Firefox as well and other than the trying to get on during the daylight hours (the busiest time I assume) I don't encounter any problems. You could always try something later in the evening and see if that could be the problem (probably not but worth a shot).

Good Luck!

rmelendrez Posted 16 Apr 2008 , 6:48am
post #15 of 19

No problems here...I use Firefox!

wgoat5 Posted 16 Apr 2008 , 10:26am
post #16 of 19

Are you using dial up? I was... and I never could get photos to load after the crash icon_sad.gif ...

I actually went to wireless and have had NO problems at all... I know it's a big pain but it really isn't that much more expensive and worth it to get my CC fix !!! Whoooo ohooooo it's like a different world when you move like a turtle then run like a rabbit icon_smile.gif

vixterfsu Posted 16 Apr 2008 , 11:00am
post #17 of 19

Does anyone get a page called stepsearch when your trying for something else?
It's quite annoying

kakeladi Posted 16 Apr 2008 , 1:50pm
post #18 of 19

I guess I'm just doomedicon_sad.gif
I have used both IE and firefox. I am NOT on dialup. Nothing makes any difference.
Oh well, I'll be traveling across the US for a month in less than 2 weeks. It will be interesting to see what, if any, problems I have on the road and what happens when I get to my destination. I'll go nuts in that isolated area where I'll be living if I don't have CC icon_sad.gif

wgoat5 Posted 16 Apr 2008 , 2:04pm
post #19 of 19

oh oh I wanna go Kakeladi icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%