Cinco De Mayo Margarita Cupcake Ideas?

Decorating By awolf24 Updated 16 Apr 2008 , 11:23pm by Jayde

awolf24 Posted 15 Apr 2008 , 1:48pm
post #1 of 2

I love margaritas and figured that Cinco de Mayo is a great excuse to bring in a batch of margarita cupcakes to work. There is a Wilton recipe (yes, I know, I know, Wilton....but it looks good!) that I have wanted to try. Here's a link:

My questions are about icing and filling. My initial thought was to make a lime IMBC - either by adding Dickinson's lime curd or use juice/zest from a fresh lime. What do you think would be better?

I would also like to add a filling but I'm thinking that lime filling (like lime whipped cream??) is just too much LIME. Should I go with just a regular creamy cupcake filling? Maybe just regular sweetened vanilla whipped cream? What are your suggestions?

TIA for all of your help! My fellow CCers always have great suggestions...much more creative than I can come up with on my own. icon_biggrin.gif

1 reply
Jayde Posted 16 Apr 2008 , 11:23pm
post #2 of 2

I think the Margharita cake with the lime curd filling would be delish.

I made mini margharita cakes for a bachelorette party not too long ago. I made a flat sheet cake, using the Wilton recipe. I found some really cute martini glasses on sale, and piped a little lime pudding in the bottom, then a little whipped cream mixed with some lime zest, to make it pretty speckly green. Then I topped that with a cut round of cake, just use a biscuit cutter. Then piped more pudding, and lime zest whipped cream. I topped it off with a little zest curl and a lime twist.

The girls went crazy over them!

Quote by @%username% on %date%