Looking For Old Post, Bathtub Fitters??

Lounge By TheCakerator Updated 16 Apr 2008 , 1:17pm by TheCakerator

TheCakerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakerator Posted 15 Apr 2008 , 11:37am
post #1 of 4

I am looking for an old thread about using the bathtub fitters, that come in and go right over the old existing shower .. my grandma has someone coming out today to give her an estimate, but I remember thinking the consensus was that most people did not care for them? Anyone have a way to get this post back, or is it gone for good? Thanks ..

3 replies
michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 15 Apr 2008 , 4:24pm
post #2 of 4

The general concensus was that it was not a good idea.

(I think the post MAY have been one of the ones lost in the crash.)

I used to work for a co. that did this same thing, and the product was solid at first, then had problems later on. It looks really pretty when it's finished!

She needs to be prepared for a hard sell. They have a script that they follow, and it is very good. The sales people will ask her questions that she has no choice but answer "yes" to, which supposedly makes it easier to get her to say yes to buying the product. They will also discount her if she buys it that day, but if she calls after they leave they will still do the job but no discount. The script basically goes that of course, if she calls and wants them to do the work, he will have to cancel his appointments (which costs money) and the call center will have to reschedule the appts. (which cost money).

They will touch on "hot" buttons such as ease of cleaning, and resale value of her home.

They will tell her that "they don't make things quality like they used to", so it's better to reface than replace.

If she says she is broke, they'll offer financing at a nice interest rate.

The sales people make like $1000 for every $7000 job.

I hope that helps. Maybe you could try checking them out at epinions.com, or another site like that.

TheDomesticDiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheDomesticDiva Posted 15 Apr 2008 , 5:08pm
post #3 of 4

All you have to do is Google Bathfitter Complaints and you'll get all the info you'll ever want to read!! We decided against it after finding more negative than good.

TheCakerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakerator Posted 16 Apr 2008 , 1:17pm
post #4 of 4

thanks you guys! My mom was the one who actually called and made the appointment for her, as my grandmas hearing is not that great ... Im not sure how the appointment went, but before it took place, I told my mom that many people on this site if I remembered correctly were against it ... I should call and find out how it went .. thanks again!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%