I'm Needing Idea's For A Western Cake

Decorating By stacyyarger Updated 17 Apr 2008 , 8:08pm by melysa

stacyyarger Posted 15 Apr 2008 , 8:48am
post #1 of 13

Hi- I'm needing help on a cake for my little Nephew for his Birthday.He loves Cowboys so I am trying to find something with cowboys(western).I did a search and there is nothing there. Does anyone have any idea's or maybe a picture that I could maybe look at?

Thank You Again,

12 replies
mgigglin Posted 15 Apr 2008 , 9:58am
post #2 of 13

Are you thinking of something like this?

Ok so I don't think I'm capable of cutting and pasting at 3 in the morning... but I did a search with just typing cowboy and there was some really cute cakes!

mgigglin Posted 15 Apr 2008 , 10:12am
post #3 of 13

ok I stumbled onto another really cute one that you could change into boy colors and style...

YummyFireMummy Posted 16 Apr 2008 , 4:42am
post #4 of 13

I just did this one recently...maybe you could get some inspiration from it????

melysa Posted 16 Apr 2008 , 4:52am
post #5 of 13

i just did a really awesome cowboy hat grooms cake this weekend. surprisely , it was simple and fast. i have yet to upload the photo but if you are interested, i'll get it up soon.

melysa Posted 16 Apr 2008 , 4:57am
post #6 of 13

forgot to mention, i covered the cake board in fondant and marked out wood planks (wood grain) with a pizza cutter, nail holes with a small round frositng tip, and then painted it with brown and vanilla. i put a small white daisy off to one side, and then put a cattlebrand of his initials on the wood. for the initial imprint, i just used a fondant/gumpaste tool and imprinted the letters and then used a small paintbrush to fill it in with black gel color. it was a great finishing touch. you could also line the cake board with royal icing barbed wire...a hankerchief, rope etc... i used rope. one of my favorite cakes!

KathysCC Posted 16 Apr 2008 , 5:04am
post #7 of 13

Someone posted some really cute cowboy boots today and gave the link to a web site for the lady who makes the cowboy boot cutters. She is from Texas and has some awesome Western cake pictures on her site. Maybe they can give you some ideas. Here's the link:

dragonflydreams Posted 16 Apr 2008 , 6:24am
post #8 of 13
stacyyarger Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 12:37am
post #9 of 13

Thank You All So Much For the Pictures.

Molly2 Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 12:58am
post #10 of 13

My nephew had a western party a couple of years back look in my pics I have hats and a big cake with a horse that pounced on the cake he that that was cool so did the rest of the kids

stacyyarger Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 8:35am
post #11 of 13

Thanks Molly2!!
Would you Please share the instuctions for that hat.You did a GREAT JOB!! I hope mine come out that good.

Thank You Again,

Molly2 Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 11:20am
post #12 of 13

I used the cowboy hat tutorial on the front page of this website under Newest Cake Decorating Articles on the rustic hat I colored my fondant brown and I Covered a cheap cowboy hat that I had bent up the brim. When I shaped it I just shaped it kind of beat up looking ( to be honest I had a picture of me nephew with his hat that he wore all the time and if your nephew like mine the hat has been thought some tough times ) PM me if you have more question. thecakemaker is the org.of these instructions and she's a really big help Good Luck You'll have fun!

melysa Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 8:08pm
post #13 of 13

i just uploaded more pictures today and the cowboy hat is in them: http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1210360

Quote by @%username% on %date%