Desperate People...

Decorating By newlywedws Updated 17 Apr 2008 , 1:01pm by indydebi

newlywedws Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newlywedws Posted 15 Apr 2008 , 5:51am
post #1 of 11

Ever go onto craigslist.com and just type in the word "cake" - it's amazing what can be found - people trying to sell baked goods, and people requesting cakes...I think the first is the dumbest, and the latter is the most amusing.
For example a recent post I found:
"i need a really simple wedding cake that can feed about 50 people max. any design you want.. as long as it's white.
I'm really low on a budget and i'm willing to give you $50 and free advertising on forums. I also have a bicycle to barter. let me know if it can work."

Are they serious icon_eek.gif - $50 for a cake to feed 50 people...and let me guess their idea of a serving size, is no where near the standard serving size icon_rolleyes.gif

10 replies
fmcmulle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fmcmulle Posted 15 Apr 2008 , 11:08am
post #2 of 11

It is funny some of the things you see on it. Its just cake right? icon_biggrin.gif

TheButterWench Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheButterWench Posted 16 Apr 2008 , 7:05am
post #3 of 11

OMG I thought I was the only one to go to Craigslist for amusement. lol

2sdae Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2sdae Posted 16 Apr 2008 , 8:05am
post #4 of 11

frightening to say the least!

melissablack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melissablack Posted 16 Apr 2008 , 1:41pm
post #5 of 11

Hey, 50 bucks and a BIKE!!!?!! I'll do it!!! HA HA HA

smoore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smoore Posted 16 Apr 2008 , 1:58pm
post #6 of 11

What kind of bike are we talkin about here? HA!

SweetResults Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetResults Posted 16 Apr 2008 , 2:07pm
post #7 of 11

You know - if I had time I'd almost take that offer just for the originality of the post!! LOL!

goal4me Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
goal4me Posted 16 Apr 2008 , 2:28pm
post #8 of 11

Yicks!!! How do they know the peron willing to make the cake has any idea of how to make the cake or decorate it or even if it would be safe to eat the darn thing....

Arriva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Arriva Posted 16 Apr 2008 , 2:30pm
post #9 of 11

I'd trade a "dummy" cake for a bike !!

mom42ws Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom42ws Posted 16 Apr 2008 , 2:45pm
post #10 of 11

well, i have to admit that every now and again i post an ad with craigslist small biz ads. why not? it's free and you never know who might contact you. maybe someone wanting to barter a bike but maybe not.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 1:01pm
post #11 of 11

I always find it cute when they imply the great exposure I'll get for having my cake at their wedding for free or low cost.

Do you all remember when "sponsored" weddings were trying to become the in-thing? The idea was that couples would get florists and caterers and cakers and photographers to "sponsor" their wedding by providing product/services for free in exchange for the great exposure they'd get at the wedding.

I had only ONE person inquire about it. My logic is that everyone is going to see my cake at the wedding whether it's free or paid for so I'm going for paid-for!! And the only exposure I'd get is people telling their friends how Debi will do a cake for free for the exposure and advertising that she does cakes for free!! icon_mad.gif

That was a short-lived fad.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%