Did Anyone Enter The Pima County Fair?

Decorating By Bettycrockermommy Updated 18 Apr 2008 , 11:10am by Erdica

Bettycrockermommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bettycrockermommy Posted 15 Apr 2008 , 2:55am
post #1 of 10

Did any of the Tucson/Pima County area CCer's enter the decorating competiton at the Pima County Fair this year? I made 3 cakes for it, and my 3 youngest children also entered cakes in the youth and junior competitions. The judging was Saturday, the 12th, and I can't wait to see how my children did!

If you entered, let's see your creations!

Mine cakes are in my photos. They are the circus cake, the tiara wedding cake, and also the baby shower cake from the AZ cake show. Here are my children's entries. All are posted in the Decorated by Kids Gallery.
LL
LL
LL

9 replies
just_for_fun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
just_for_fun Posted 15 Apr 2008 , 3:19am
post #2 of 10

Wow!! They really have a future in this!! The fondant figures are awesome!!! (I wish I was half as good...)

Bettycrockermommy Posted 15 Apr 2008 , 4:58am
post #3 of 10

Thank you! I am really proud of them!! I'm training them to do my birthday cake. icon_lol.gif

KimAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KimAZ Posted 15 Apr 2008 , 5:56am
post #4 of 10

Wow Vicki! thumbs_up.gif All your cakes and your children's cakes are wonderful!!!
Heck, if your kids would have entered in the AZ Cake Show this year, I'm quite sure they'd have placed very well!! All those fondant figures are really impressive! I love your wedding cake! ( thanks for the credit icon_smile.gif ) I have no doubt in my mind that all of you will win at the Pima County Fair! Excellent job!!

High Five to everyone! icon_biggrin.gif

Kim

CambriasCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CambriasCakes Posted 15 Apr 2008 , 7:04am
post #5 of 10

OMG - are you serious??? Your kids did those figures??? They're fantastic!!!!!!! I don't even have the guts to attempt them - your kids rock!

Bettycrockermommy Posted 16 Apr 2008 , 9:20pm
post #6 of 10

I get to boast a little bit more on my kids! My aunt was able to look at our cakes yesterday, and told me that all 3 of my kids won1st place!! I am so proud of them!! I also took a 1st place for my wedding cake and for the baby shower cake. My circus cake took a 3rd. Anyway, thanks for letting me gloat a little bit about my kids. They worked really hard on their cakes.

KimAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KimAZ Posted 16 Apr 2008 , 9:30pm
post #7 of 10

Outstanding job !! Congratulations Vicki! And awesome job to your kids too! Be very proud!! thumbs_up.gif

KimAZ

julzs71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julzs71 Posted 16 Apr 2008 , 9:30pm
post #8 of 10

I didn't enter, but I sure do wish I had. I hope you had fun. I wish I had gone to the fair.

Bettycrockermommy Posted 18 Apr 2008 , 4:57am
post #9 of 10

There were a total of 39 cakes entered into the Pima County Fair this year between adult, youth, and junior categories. My daughter, Alison, and my son, Declan, both won Best in Class also. I didn't know this until tonight when we went to the fair. I am so disgustingly proud of my kids! I promise this is the last time you all will have to hear me crow about my kids. This year, anyway!icon_lol.gif

Erdica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Erdica Posted 18 Apr 2008 , 11:10am
post #10 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettycrockermommy

There were a total of 39 cakes entered into the Pima County Fair this year between adult, youth, and junior categories. My daughter, Alison, and my son, Declan, both won Best in Class also. I didn't know this until tonight when we went to the fair. I am so disgustingly proud of my kids! I promise this is the last time you all will have to hear me crow about my kids. This year, anyway!icon_lol.gif

That is awesome!!! So well deserved. Great cakes!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%