Aaauuuggghhhh Same Complaint Different Day!!!

Decorating By dessertsbydebi Updated 15 Apr 2008 , 5:29am by xstitcher

dessertsbydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dessertsbydebi Posted 15 Apr 2008 , 2:22am
post #1 of 2

I can not believe that this actually happened to me. I have read it so many times before on here but now I join the ranks! Here is the story!

I did a quote for a cake shaped in a boot for a first birthday. I quoted $75 for it which was an underquote on my behalf. She fought it a little (my first clue) but then agreed. She emails today that a "family member" will be doing the cake for a "family discount" and that my cake was a little more than she wanted to spend right now.

** nevermind I am coming home from a trip early JUST to do that cake but now can not change my airline tickets!!!! Gee thanks!!!

I did another quote today for my daughters girl scout leaders daughter. I know she does not have alot of money so I was going to do it for whatever she felt like she could spend within reason. She fought me on this and asked me for the true quote on what I would charge her. I told her $60 to $75 on it. (1/2 sheet cake with a cut out of a guitar on it) Which is super cheap AGAIN!!!! She said "I can go get a cake at WALMART for $30" at which I replied to her go ahead and go to wal mart, you will not hurt my feelings as I know you are on a budget. I just can not pull a cake out my freezer and decorate it with a tub of premixed icing that I ordered and be done in a flat 15 minutes. IF I could I would happily charge you the $30 and be done with it. But you are welcome to come to my house the 2, yes 2 days it takes me to complete your daughters cake since I have a full time job for a living. (THANK GOODNESS SHE IS A FRIEND!!!!)

I can NOT believe that I had the cheapo people in one day!!!!!!

Whew... I feel better now that I vented to all you out here in CC land!!! Thanks!!

1 reply
xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 15 Apr 2008 , 5:29am
post #2 of 2

I'm sorry you had to change your flight for someone who ended up cancelling anyway! That truly sucks!

Good thing you pointed the other one to Walmart. Who needs the headache! Maybe she'll be a little more educated now as to the time involved (wishful thinking maybe on my part).

P.S. I'm soooo jealous of you being in Texas. We left Houston almost 5 years ago and have been regretting it ever since. If the job market was better we'd be there in a heart beat.

Keep your chin up!

Cheers
Parm icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%