Combined Wedding Shower / Baby Shower Cake

Decorating By kpetcov Updated 16 Apr 2008 , 12:47pm by SweetResults

kpetcov Posted 15 Apr 2008 , 2:21am
post #1 of 7

I will be making a cake next month for work for a wedding shower and baby shower. Any ideas on how to incorporate that into one cake? I was thinking maybe just put like chocolate dipped strawberries on it or something. Does anyone have a great looking "non-theme" and "themed" cake that I can get ideas from?

6 replies
DoniB Posted 15 Apr 2008 , 2:34am
post #2 of 7

is it two different people, or two showers for one person who's going through two blessed events? icon_smile.gif

SweetResults Posted 15 Apr 2008 , 2:55am
post #3 of 7

Oh dear, I'm not sure I want to touch this one with a 10 foot pole.

I think I'd forget about the theme and just make a pretty cake.

Although I did see a cake topper with a bride and groom and groom was holding a baby.

Or is it one party for 2 different people?

CarolAnn Posted 15 Apr 2008 , 3:13am
post #4 of 7

I agree with SweetResults about just going with a pretty cake. I think that'd be in better taste than trying to combine the wedding/baby theme. JMO

shisharka Posted 15 Apr 2008 , 5:20am
post #5 of 7

Is making a couple of small cakes an option? I'd go that round for sure... Plus, that way you get to be creative x 2!

kpetcov Posted 16 Apr 2008 , 12:24pm
post #6 of 7

It is for 3 people who are getting married and one lady who is pregnant. We are having one party for all 4 guests of honor. I think I will just make a pretty "general" cake and just write congratulations on it. If anyone has some pictures to share that I can get ideas from that would be great!

SweetResults Posted 16 Apr 2008 , 12:47pm
post #7 of 7

Well that makes sense now icon_smile.gif Not that there is anything wrong with being pregnant and getting married, you can still have a shower for each, I just thought it was a little funny combining them LOL!

Yes - any kind of pretty cake will be great - when I need a cake like that I usually look through the wedding cake gallery and get a concept from there. Even the color galleries have neat stuff in them as well.

Quote by @%username% on %date%