Any Ideas

Decorating By flowers40 Updated 17 Apr 2008 , 5:01pm by flowers40

flowers40 Posted 15 Apr 2008 , 1:25am
post #1 of 6

I have some one who would like me to make a birthday cake for a person who is a Football Hall Of Famer. The person is turning 65 yrs old. His jersey # was 40. And he was call Kansas City Comet (or The Kansas Comet -something of that nature-porbably in college). He wants at least 3 of these themes featured in the cake. I thought if I made a cake with a superhero football Player holding a football - somehow flying of the cake would be cute. But I just don't know what else to come up with. Maybe a superhero football player flying around a earth like cake, but how would I link all the rest of the themes into this? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thank everyone.

5 replies
LittleLinda Posted 16 Apr 2008 , 12:30pm
post #2 of 6

Draw a football player with the number 40 on his shirt. (get the right team color from the customer). Google some football player pictures to get one you like.

In the background ... or the right top corner of the cake, make a large square, rectangle or something that says "Football hall of Fame" on the top. Draw an actual Comet in the box, and under it write "The Kansas (City) Comet" as well as his name. Make this square look like a frame of some sort.

flowers40 Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 1:04am
post #4 of 6

Yes, his name is on the list. I went to the site you listed and see his nick name in high school football was Kansas Comet. But, in doing this - And reading the profile on this site, I got a idea I didn't even think about. I never thought about the fact that all these sports players have sports cards. I think it would be cool to make a sports card cake, that features his player sports card and possibly stats. And somewhere on the sports card, say 65 and counting. I was at 1st on the idea of making a cake that looked something like a comic strip for a superhero football player. But if I do the sports card, I can use my edible ink printer to print the majority of the picture to put on the cake, hence saving me a lot of time and work! Thanks for responding - Any ideas are still welcome though!

LittleLinda Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 2:35am
post #5 of 6

It sounds like you have a handle on it now! A sports card is a Geat idea! I'm glad I found a site with his information on it!

flowers40 Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 5:01pm
post #6 of 6

Thank you again for responding. I really appreciated your input!

Quote by @%username% on %date%