Ok, I've looked and cannot find but there was a thread with a tutorial to make the fondant roses (also known as Duff roses). Does anyone have the link to that thread? I could really use it!
Here are links to the pictures (instructions are in the captions)
I have gotten several PM about these roses and I guess the pics are hard to find so I thought I'd put them in a link.
These are the links for the pics. When I did mine I over lapped them top to bottom and only over lapped the bottom 1/4 so they are more full. When I rolled them I rolled top to bottom also, believe it or not it does make a difference. HTH
Chele Thumbs Up!
This is the link for my roses
Thank you, ladies! This is exactly what I was searching for!! You guys rock!
Thank you so much for posting this, I'm excited to try these!
i just asked someone how to make these last week and this is what they emailed me.. hope it helps!!
The roses are so easy to do, but they look fantastic!
1) Roll your fondant out as thin as you prefer.
2) Using a circle cookie cutter (mine was 2 1/2 inches wide), cut 3 circles out.
3) Lay the 3 circles in a row, and overlap them. Kind of like the Olympic rings? The one on the left is first, then lay the next circle down so that it overlaps almost halfway, then lay the third one down so that it overlaps the second almost halfway.
4) Going left to right, roll all the cirlces together. A tight roll makes a tighter rose, a loose roll makes a looser (or fuller) rose.
5) Once rolled up, pinch them a little in the middle. Then cut the roll in half. You will make 2 roses out of the roll.
6) Shape the petals with your fingers, flaring them out as much or as little as you want for the kind of rose your looking for.
7) Let them dry and you're good to go!
You can experiment with how much the circles overlap, how thin to make your fondant, how wide your cookie cutter is, to get the style of rose you want.
Hey, I'm the one that e-mailed you those instructions! I'm Crystal Loves Cake! on myspace, nice to meet you! I see you made your way over to CakeCentral, are you addicted yet?
yes, be careful.. i became addicted precisely 10 minutes after joining (maybe sooner! LOL)