Cherry Chip Cake Needed

Baking By ljhow623 Updated 15 Apr 2008 , 8:58pm by vickymacd

ljhow623 Posted 14 Apr 2008 , 11:49pm
post #1 of 6

I was asked to make a cherry chip cake. Does anyone have a recipe for this. I thought it might be a cherry cake with chocolate chips but I was told there was no chocolate in it. So, I'm assuming it might be a white cake with cherry chips?

Any ideas????

5 replies
leily Posted 15 Apr 2008 , 11:21am
post #2 of 6

Betty Crocker makes a Cherry Chip cake mix. This is what I would suggest using.

I have tried a few scratch recipes and they just don't have the cherry flavor.

And you are correct there is no chocolate in it. It is pretty much a white cake mix w/cherry flavoring and then cherry chips in it.

HTH

TheCakerator Posted 15 Apr 2008 , 11:41am
post #3 of 6

the ONLY store in my area that carries this boxed cake mix is Krogers .. not sure if you have one of those nearby but my wal mart and Meijer do not carry it .. and usually Krogers only has one or two on the shelf .. most not be a top seller in this area .. I have been asked to make it twice, and the first time I had no idea what she was talking about ... I stumbled upon it by luck ...

vickymacd Posted 15 Apr 2008 , 11:46am
post #4 of 6

Yes, Kroger does carry it.
Takes me back 30 years....I had this as MY wedding cake! it was delicious. No chocolate in it. No big cherries. If I recall, no 'chips' but very small cherries chopped up. Definately a white cake because that is all I like.

ljhow623 Posted 15 Apr 2008 , 8:45pm
post #5 of 6

Thanks for the info. But there is no Krogers around here. I have searched every store and it seems that no body carries the BC cherry chip cake. So my thought was to make a white cake with cherry flavoring and add bits of cherries to the mix. Would you use dried cherries or Marashino cherries?

vickymacd Posted 15 Apr 2008 , 8:58pm
post #6 of 6

Definately NOT dried cherries. Use marachino cherries. Easy on the flavorings as I remember mine only had a slight cherry taste and NOT pink!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%