What Are Your Business

Business By CNCS Updated 15 Apr 2008 , 5:37pm by GeminiRJ

CNCS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CNCS Posted 14 Apr 2008 , 9:58pm
post #1 of 16

plans for 3-4-5 years down the line?

I plan on adding more fondant cakes, doing alot more dessert cakes and hopefully offering classes.

15 replies
mom42ws Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom42ws Posted 14 Apr 2008 , 10:04pm
post #2 of 16

taking the cake world by storm! no, just kidding. i would like to see myself much more skilled at the basics (1year) and doing weddings.

ashley

jenstastycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenstastycakes Posted 14 Apr 2008 , 10:08pm
post #3 of 16

In 3 to 5 years I plan on offering a ful service event planning service including the cakes.

I do all the cakes now and plan on getting certified as an even tplanner and expanding into the planning market and offering the planning service plus cakes.

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 14 Apr 2008 , 10:10pm
post #4 of 16

I plan on still being a small operation. I have no desire to blow up and be big. I would love to do 4-6 cakes a week and have at least one wedding per month.

hwnhulahands Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hwnhulahands Posted 14 Apr 2008 , 10:12pm
post #5 of 16

I would really love to be professional like bronwen webber, colette peters, and Debbie Brown. I know I won't get like that in 5 years but it would be nice. In 5 years have alot more customers and doing beautiful wedding cakes. I want to open my own bakery but don't wanna have to deal with the state and it's guidelines. I don't want the headaches. I just want to be completely busy with making cakes, cupcakes, cookies, and desserts and be extremely good at it too.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 14 Apr 2008 , 10:43pm
post #6 of 16

When you see me on the Food Network with my idol, Paula Deen, I'll wave to all my CC friendsd!! icon_biggrin.gif

jnoel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jnoel Posted 14 Apr 2008 , 10:59pm
post #7 of 16

Indydebi - I would TOTALLY watch you on the Food Network passing along all of your words of wisdom!

DoniB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DoniB Posted 14 Apr 2008 , 11:01pm
post #8 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

When you see me on the Food Network with my idol, Paula Deen, I'll wave to all my CC friendsd!! icon_biggrin.gif

I think you and Paula Deen would be a hoot and a half! LOL I'd love to be in that studio audience!!!!! icon_smile.gif

My 5-year plan is to have a small 'celebration center'... a smallish place that holds up to maybe 30 people for a party, and supply the food and drink (non-alcolholic, just because I really don't want to mess with a liquor license) for birthdays, small weddings, etc. Since I'm able to officiate at weddings and other spiritual happenings, it would be neat to have Naming Days, wakes, birthdays, and weddings... whatever floats peoples' boats. And having everything that folks would need in one place would be nice... kind of one-stop shopping for smaller events.

that's the dream! icon_smile.gif

turnerdmann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
turnerdmann Posted 14 Apr 2008 , 11:07pm
post #9 of 16

I plan on having a small operation, staying business, making some money and watching indydebi with Paula Deen and the boys. icon_biggrin.gif

moxey2000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moxey2000 Posted 14 Apr 2008 , 11:19pm
post #10 of 16

My plan is to have my bakery/ice cream shop open. It's sort of a long story, but the end result is that I will bake at night and on my days off from my regular job and I'll have someone in the shop to serve walk in customers their goodies (like cookies, brownies and cupcakes) and ice cream and also so people can pick up their cakes.

melodyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melodyscakes Posted 14 Apr 2008 , 11:49pm
post #11 of 16

I have just opened my bakery...and finding myself very busy with birthday cakes and wedding cakes...but my secret dream is to expand into catering for weddings.
I would hire someone to do the cooking, menu, serving...ect.
I may have the space to expand next year.
we'll have to see.

melody

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 15 Apr 2008 , 1:46am
post #12 of 16

I want to know how to do more professional pastries. I know how to make some already but I want to learn how to make them look perfect and go from there. Hopefully, I will be a lot better at cake decorating and within 5 years I want to be catering. I love cooking, it's my passion. I have a lot to learn and hope to achieve it.

littlecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlecake Posted 15 Apr 2008 , 2:28am
post #13 of 16

i want to do less cakes...maybe just wedding cakes, and hoping that my cookie gift basket biz will take off.

i dunno, i'm kinda burnt out from doing so many cakes....i'd like something i could have to think less and have less of a time crunch....to me cookie making is fun...(no decorations on the cookies)

ccr03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ccr03 Posted 15 Apr 2008 , 4:03am
post #14 of 16

I don't have a years time frame - I should though - but my goal is to continue cakes but also incoporate my communications degree and having a bilingual event planning-type of magazine.

I haven't decided if I want both a consumer magazine and a trade one.

ncdessertdiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ncdessertdiva Posted 15 Apr 2008 , 2:55pm
post #15 of 16

My goal is have my home-based business up and running. Ultimately I would like to do the breakfast goodies - scones, biscotti, quick breads, etc. and sell to local hotels and restaurants for their "continental breakfasts". I enjoy making breads and cakes as well so I would market myself accordingly. I want to be able to work for myself realizing that I will probably work much harder than I do now but it will be for me and I'll be doing something that I really love to do! Along that same line, I'll be assisting my husband with marketing his business as a photographer. Hopefully, we can sell our businesses together to brides, families, etc.
Leslie

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 15 Apr 2008 , 5:37pm
post #16 of 16

In my dreams, my 3D cookie cutter kits will be carried at all the major stores and I will be standing next to indydebi on a Food Network sound stage. Realistically, I would be thrilled to still be selling the kits and maybe being able to go to part-time at my "real" job. Best of all, in three years my twins will have their CPA's and I won't have to worry about figuring the taxes!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%