Whipped Icing Wedding Cake

Decorating By Myesha Updated 14 Apr 2008 , 9:05pm by terrylee

Myesha Posted 14 Apr 2008 , 8:21pm
post #1 of 5

Ok. I have a wedding cake tasting coming up and she requested a yellow cake with whipped icing. I have not done a wedding cake with whipped icing because the icing is hard to work with on a large scale. Anyway, my question is... is there a recipe that will work fairly well for a wedding cake? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Ladies

4 replies
christeena Posted 14 Apr 2008 , 8:39pm
post #2 of 5

Well, I was a complete newby when I did my DD wedding cake over 8 years ago and since this was my very first cake with absolutely no knowledge on any other way to do things, I used the Wilton Whipped icing box mix that is at Michaels or Hobby Lobby. I think it is alot like Dream Whip but easier to work with for cakes. It actually tastes great and although I didn't have to do much with it except cover the cake, I thought it served its purpose. You could always but one box and try messing with it to see if you like it. Use Michaels 40% off coupon and you won't be out much money! icon_lol.gif

Myesha Posted 14 Apr 2008 , 8:40pm
post #3 of 5

Thank you very much!

Myesha Posted 14 Apr 2008 , 8:40pm
post #4 of 5

Thank you very much!

terrylee Posted 14 Apr 2008 , 9:05pm
post #5 of 5

I use Pasty Pride...it is a no dairy whipped icing...holds well and can do borders. no flowers though. You treat is like real whipped cream, can freeze, works great for ice cream cakes, and it hold good.

look in my pics for three tier with silver trim and silver rope.

Quote by @%username% on %date%