Is There A Way To Put 2 Fillling Flavors In Between Cake...

Decorating By sambugjoebear Updated 16 Apr 2008 , 1:29pm by sambugjoebear

sambugjoebear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sambugjoebear Posted 14 Apr 2008 , 3:37pm
post #1 of 9

Is there a way to put 2 filling flavors (ex. lemon cream chees filling and raspberry preserves) in between cake layers without the cake sliding and fallling off? I had a (mis)adventure with this yesterday and was wondering if anyone had any tips for me. TIA! icon_smile.gif

8 replies
sambugjoebear Posted 15 Apr 2008 , 2:35pm
post #2 of 9

BUMP!

cake-angel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cake-angel Posted 15 Apr 2008 , 2:43pm
post #3 of 9

Do you mean putting both fillings in the same section of cake or having the cake torted so there is a layer of raspberry then cake then cream cheese then cake then raspberry and then cake - put together and iced? If you mean two filling flavors in the same layer and not torted I would either stir them together or try sandwiching the rasberry between the cream cheese. I would reccomend a good stiff buttercream dam to hold the fillings in place.and give the cake something to stick to.

Homemade-Goodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Homemade-Goodies Posted 15 Apr 2008 , 3:00pm
post #4 of 9

I've done that with my last cake actually, I made a buttercream dam around the circumference and filled in the middle with buttercream, not as high as the dam. Then I spread caramel over the buttercream middle, just under the dam height. When I added the next layer it was perfect, no slippage...of course, customer didn't offer me a slice, so I'm not sure how it appeared when sliced, haha, but he assured me he loved it! icon_biggrin.gif

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 15 Apr 2008 , 3:43pm
post #5 of 9

Yes, it can be done. Maybe you used too much filling causing the problem.
The best way would be to torte the two layers & use one filling each, but you can do as the other posters have said, using a dam of icing to hold the filling in. This should be made w/tip 12 around the edge of the cake then filling placed inside that line. Never go higher than the dam is.

azeboi2005 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
azeboi2005 Posted 15 Apr 2008 , 3:55pm
post #6 of 9

I did this on a cake for a friend's 25th birthday. Like the others have said i made a dam around the circumference of the cake and then I did another towards the middle, filled in with lemon curd and strawberries. When we cut the cake it made a cool stripped effect that everyone loved.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 15 Apr 2008 , 3:56pm
post #7 of 9

I do it the way cake-angel does it.

Cakebelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakebelle Posted 15 Apr 2008 , 3:57pm
post #8 of 9

The dam technique works everytime! thumbs_up.gif

sambugjoebear Posted 16 Apr 2008 , 1:29pm
post #9 of 9

Well, I did it as was suggested, so now I'm just thinking that I overfilled it somehow (but it didn't go over the top edge of dam). Hmm... I must experiment more.... Thanks for your replies. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%