Edible Printer Question

Business By doublecz1103 Updated 14 Apr 2008 , 7:33pm by misabel99

doublecz1103 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doublecz1103 Posted 14 Apr 2008 , 6:35am
post #1 of 5

i'm trying to figure out which printer to buy for edible images. i was curious to know ... can you use a used printer somehow for office use and make it for food use?? is there a way to "convert" a used printer or clean it so it's safe for edible use?? help!! lol

4 replies
milissasmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
milissasmom Posted 14 Apr 2008 , 7:13am
post #2 of 5

Hi,

I have heard that there is a way to convert it but I think you have to like get the heads changed out and professionally cleaned! I got my Canon IP3500 from Amazon... http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000V2O8NM/?tag=cakecentral-20

It was 62.99...However, if you open up the Amazon credit card, you will get 30.00 off that and pay only 32.00get the card, pay it off (cut it up if you don't wanna keep it) and Voila...inexspevsive ediible image printer! Then go to www.kopykake.com and get the ink for 50 bucks and a set of the frosting sheets in different sizes for 50 bucks and that's that. Well worth it. I love mine...and if you want to get something else later on you can shell out the big bucks but this was a great STARTER kit for me!! HTH

misabel99 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
misabel99 Posted 14 Apr 2008 , 7:33am
post #3 of 5

Can you tell me where did you apply for the Amazon credit card? I want to get the printer too. but I didn't find where to apply. TIA

milissasmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
milissasmom Posted 14 Apr 2008 , 3:41pm
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by misabel99

Can you tell me where did you apply for the Amazon credit card? I want to get the printer too. but I didn't find where to apply. TIA

Misabel99, when you put the printer in your cart and proceed to check out, the banner will pop up in yellow at the top of your page with the little credit card and will give you the NEW calculations and ask if you want to apple to get the 30 dollars off! Enjoy!

misabel99 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
misabel99 Posted 14 Apr 2008 , 7:33pm
post #5 of 5

Thank you I'll do it right now.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%