Is Advertising On Bride.com Or Onewed Worth It?

Decorating By debster Updated 15 Apr 2008 , 2:22am by KoryAK

debster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debster Posted 14 Apr 2008 , 5:12am
post #1 of 11

I see where you can advertise on these sites for free, but Onewed charges a 15.00 a month fee for what is called a lead, I guess for a client to be able to contact you. Is anyone using these and if so is it worth it? Thanks for any information.

10 replies
karateka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karateka Posted 14 Apr 2008 , 1:19pm
post #2 of 11

I used onewed.com for about a year and got lots of leads from it. I feel it's very cost effective.

CoutureCakeCreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CoutureCakeCreations Posted 14 Apr 2008 , 1:30pm
post #3 of 11

I advertise with onewed.com and I must admit most of my business has been booked through that website as well as decideo.com
I say take a chance!!

jenstastycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenstastycakes Posted 14 Apr 2008 , 1:45pm
post #4 of 11

I agree I have gotten many wedding and birthday cake orders from Onewed and Decido.com.

debster Posted 14 Apr 2008 , 2:06pm
post #5 of 11

Thanks for the replies, guess I give it a shot!!!!! What I was wondering though was if they go to your site and see your number and email , why do they need money to send them to you if the people already see your contact information? I don't understand the process.

karateka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karateka Posted 14 Apr 2008 , 2:22pm
post #6 of 11

If I remember correctly, and I'm not entirely sure I do....

Onewed has a free subscription, but it doesn't include a link to your website. The paid one does. Plus I think it had a nicer/larger ad of your services.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 15 Apr 2008 , 12:22am
post #7 of 11

the way most of these sites work when you pay for the lead is that the bride gets form to fill out requesting info on caterers, photographers, etc. When they hit submit, it goes out to (for example) all caterers on the website. That's why I also invite them to visit my website in my response, because I dont' know that they have or havent' been there, and why I thank them for contacting me "....via decidio", because they may not KNOW they've requested info from me specifically .... they just filled out a generic form. If the bride goes to your website via the lead-site, sometimes you pay for a click-thru

I sign up for all the free ones I can get. I heard of decidio from a fellow CC'er, and I luv that one!

Free listings are always "worth the money"! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

debster Posted 15 Apr 2008 , 1:57am
post #8 of 11

I like your thinking Indydebi, how's the shop doing?

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 15 Apr 2008 , 2:00am
post #9 of 11

debster..... very well, thanks for asking! Ironically, I just posted some number on another thread ..... http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopicp-5891734-.html#5891734

msauer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msauer Posted 15 Apr 2008 , 2:16am
post #10 of 11

I just wanted to pass on my two cents (if ya don't mind)...

I just happened to bump into the decidio website about three weeks ago- never knew it existed. So, I signed myself right up for that free site and I have already done tastings and booked TWO weddings. I'm floored! I so wish I would have found it sooner! Oh, and the onewed.com....I'm off to register my little butt (okay....my big ol' buttercream butt) right now!!! Yahhoooooo!!!!

-Michelle icon_lol.gif

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 15 Apr 2008 , 2:22am
post #11 of 11

I love OneWed.com. My membership is $5.95 per month, but I usually just keep it at a free one till I get the email that there is an actual lead. Then I go and pay the one month subscription, get the info, and after that month is up I cancel it. That way I'm not paying for any month that a lead does not come in.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%