What's The Best Way To Do This?

Decorating By apetricek Updated 14 Apr 2008 , 10:43am by Ellistwins

apetricek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
apetricek Posted 14 Apr 2008 , 4:02am
post #1 of 3

I have an upcoming wedding cake to do, the bride wants ivory fondant..ok no problem there. My question is she wants pearls randomly placed on the cake. What is the best way to go about attaching pearls to fondant? Anyone please help with this? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated! THANKS in advance!

2 replies
Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 14 Apr 2008 , 4:28am
post #2 of 3

I used tiny dabs of buttercream to attach pearls to fondant. Just use your frosting bag with a small tip, make random dots, and press the pearls onto them. Don't do too many at once or they'll crust before you get the pearls onto them.

I used white buttercream to attach white pearls to blue fondant, and the buttercream didn't show at all. It's the Tiffany box cake in my photos icon_biggrin.gif

I made the pearls too, and it was really easy. There are directions on Earlene's website and they worked perfectly! You can even make them ahead of time and then freeze them so they'll be soft for the cake.

Ellistwins Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ellistwins Posted 14 Apr 2008 , 10:43am
post #3 of 3

with draggees i make small little dents and use gum glue, but I like Texas_Rose's idea but will use Royal icing iso BC

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%