Freeze A Decorated Ccc????

Decorating By SueW Updated 17 Apr 2008 , 8:38am by xstitcher

SueW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SueW Posted 14 Apr 2008 , 3:43am
post #1 of 5

I had a request for a CCC for 40 people the week I will be on vacation icon_cry.gif I'd really like to do it but I told them I'd be away, they then asked if I could do it and freeze the whole thing (cupcakes, icing and transfer) and they would just defrost the day of. Is that possible???? I told them I have never done that and they told me "why don't you try one this week and see if it works"? Gee just what I want to do icon_confused.gif make a "sample" 40 CCC just as an experiment and see what happens then waste the whole thing plus all my time doing it icon_eek.gif I haven't answered that part yet icon_rolleyes.gif Has anyone done this before? Thanks!

4 replies
pjaycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pjaycakes Posted 14 Apr 2008 , 9:29am
post #2 of 5

By CCC I'm assuming you mean cupcake cake? It's very early here, so my brain isn't quite up to speed yet. I have frozen cupcakes before with icing and they have thawed just fine. I don't know what kind of transfer, but if it's buttercream it should work fine. I would just put it in a box and wrap the box real good with plastic wrap and then aluminum foil and tell them not to unwrap it until it is completely thawed.

Also, I'd ask them if they are buying the experiment icon_razz.gif

SueW Posted 14 Apr 2008 , 11:28pm
post #3 of 5

Yes, I meant CCC sorry icon_lol.gif I have never frozen anything with icing on it so it's good to know that works. I believe they wanted the Cars theme for the top which doesn't seem that hard. I am afraid to say yes then mess it up icon_redface.gif

Has anyone frozen and actual CCC not just single cupcakes? Thanks!

SueW Posted 16 Apr 2008 , 11:08pm
post #4 of 5

Anyone? Not to be a pain but the client is bugging me to "try one out" and see if it works then she'll order. I really don't have the time/patients or money to make one for the heck of it. Should i just say no or make a trial one.

Has anyone ever frozen a whole CCC with FBCT on top, I think she wants the cars theme.

any help would be appreciated! Thanks, Sue

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 8:38am
post #5 of 5

Also, I'd ask them if they are buying the experiment icon_razz.gif[/quote]

I'd ask too......
It's pretty presumptuous of them to ask you to spend extra time and money on something there not buying. Maybe you could do a smaller one and ask them for some compensation as they do seem to want you to do it for them. Just a thought.

Please let us know how it works if you do decide to give it a bash.

Cheers!
Parm

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%