Can Anyone Tel Me How To Make Red/black Icing For Mickey Mou

Decorating By LissaAnn Updated 14 Apr 2008 , 11:00pm by LissaAnn

LissaAnn Posted 14 Apr 2008 , 2:52am
post #1 of 7

I am having trouble making red and black icing color my red looks pink and my black looks gray can anyone help me please?

6 replies
springlakecake Posted 14 Apr 2008 , 11:42am
post #2 of 7

Americolor gels work great for coloring. You can buy them at almost any online cake supply. They are inexpensive too. They really beat the wilton colors.

For the black I would start with chocolate icing though. You wont need to add some much black.....and you wont have black teeth.

scgriffiths Posted 14 Apr 2008 , 11:52am
post #3 of 7

It helps to mix the colours well in advance, because they will darken over time. Mix them the night before if you are able to.

scgriffiths Posted 14 Apr 2008 , 11:55am
post #4 of 7

And a big welcome to CC, LissaAnne!!

Here is the list of'll find it helpful!

lucia Posted 14 Apr 2008 , 12:03pm
post #5 of 7

I did a mickey cake and found (as previously mentioned) AmeriColor worked best - I found that I still need to use more than I would normally use to get the right colour for Mickey.

Bellatheball Posted 14 Apr 2008 , 1:23pm
post #6 of 7

I just did a Mickey Mouse cake (it's in my photos if you're interested in seeing the colors). I used the no taste red from Wilton. It does deepen with time. I also used Wilton's black. It took a TON of paste but I was able to get it very black. It looks a bit dark gray in my picture but that's because I didn't brush off the extra powdered sugar in time for the photo.

LissaAnn Posted 14 Apr 2008 , 11:00pm
post #7 of 7

Thank you all so much these tips has really helped! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%