How Do You Get Your Fingers Out?

Decorating By LittleLinda Updated 14 Apr 2008 , 3:27am by melkneec

LittleLinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleLinda Posted 14 Apr 2008 , 1:02am
post #1 of 6

I'm so scared to stack a cake right onto another cake because I don't know how you get your fingers out! What's the trick?

5 replies
veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 14 Apr 2008 , 1:25am
post #2 of 6

I have a couple of videos that show putting a layer on top like that, and both of them use a large spatula to help hold the cake, it is easier to pull away from the cake than fingers. HTH a little.

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 14 Apr 2008 , 1:45am
post #3 of 6

You can leave your dowels above the cake like an inch or so, and place the cake on them. Gravity will push them into the cake and your cake in to place. Don't just move your hands completely away just in case, but you don't have to have your fingers under the cake. icon_smile.gif

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 14 Apr 2008 , 2:55am
post #4 of 6

I'm a spatula girl.

YummyFireMummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
YummyFireMummy Posted 14 Apr 2008 , 3:07am
post #5 of 6

Thanks for this question cos I was wondering the same thing with all your buttercream cakes...I have always done fondant stacked cakes and its not a problem messing it up getting your fingers out! I will keep this stored in my "learned from CC folder" in my head!!!! lol

melkneec Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melkneec Posted 14 Apr 2008 , 3:27am
post #6 of 6

With my buttercream cakes I put them in the fridge just long enough to firm up the icing. Then I have no trouble getting the cakes stacked. I use crusting buttercream. Not sure that makes a difference. Once the icing warms up a bit it softens nicely. I also use a spatula just for the extra help. icon_smile.gif HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%