Cupcakes In A Jar?

Decorating By ReenieK Updated 14 Aug 2017 , 9:58am by GIGGLEBOX2014

hwnhulahands Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hwnhulahands Posted 14 Apr 2008 , 12:53pm
post #31 of 50

I don't know but that's a really cute idea for cupcakes, expensive but cute.

kneadacookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kneadacookie Posted 14 Apr 2008 , 1:00pm
post #32 of 50

i guess that's why she charges $65 for 10 cupcakes

linedancer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linedancer Posted 14 Apr 2008 , 1:25pm
post #33 of 50

We can alot (summer in MI), so I was curious about the price of half-pint Kerr jars. That looks like what the one in the picture is in. On the net, the least amount I found them for is $9.99 a case (12). That did not include shipping, I couldn't get the shipping info without actually buying them!! You might be able to get them a bit cheaper if you went to Walmart or Meijers. Folks in more canning friendly territory (like MI, OH, IN, to name a few) also may be able to get them cheaper in the summer. Here in FL you pay an arm and a leg for them, anytime of the year.

kneadacookie Posted 14 Apr 2008 , 1:27pm
post #34 of 50

i guess i'll be running to meijer's today

thedessertdiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thedessertdiva Posted 14 Apr 2008 , 6:10pm
post #35 of 50

I looked for 8 oz jars and I didnt seem to find the squat type she uses until I put into the search box '8 oz squat jar' and came up with this:

http://www.fillmorecontainer.com/product.asp?deptID=3&sku=J00500&sID=ARK205G7TGHL8KKXML8GQ1DDATNK1LN5

You may also want to specify wide mouth. I dont think a cupcake will fit into the standard 8 oz Ball or Kerr Jelly jars.

Its a start...

linedancer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linedancer Posted 14 Apr 2008 , 9:01pm
post #36 of 50

Yes, that is the same jar I found for $9.99, you did find a cheaper price. I don't think you could get a cupcake in a regular mouth jar either.

EagerBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EagerBaker Posted 16 Apr 2008 , 5:25am
post #37 of 50

I just don't understand why all of these patents are even legal. How do you patent decorating ideas? How do they enforce those kinds of patents? Just a thought.

andpotts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
andpotts Posted 16 Apr 2008 , 11:28am
post #38 of 50

Made a mistake in my earlier post, that is my fav cupcake blog, but the review of the cupcakes and interview with the owner are linked from there so here's a link directly to it icon_smile.gif

http://cupcakestakethecake.blogspot.com/2008/04/we-love-fat-daddy-bake-shop.html

ReenieK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ReenieK Posted 16 Apr 2008 , 11:36am
post #39 of 50

From what I understand she can patent the name she calls it/ "Original Cupcake in a jar" & the names of her flavors.
As far as cupcakes in a jar, theres more than her online.
To me it definetly lookslike she baked cupcakes & sliced them & layered them in a jar.

wolfsonmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wolfsonmom Posted 27 Apr 2008 , 12:08am
post #40 of 50

I posted about these on the gigantic cupcake thread, not realizing this thread had been started.

A few thoughts:

1. I can't believe she charges $65 for ten, and $16 shipping, and people are buying them so fast that she can't keep up. I feel greedy charging $2 for a cupcake.

2. She says she has a patent pending on the cake in a jar concept, but I don't think she can legally enforce it. I know she wants to discourage competition, and I don't blame her, but from what I understand you can't copyright an idea. Her names and logos are hers, but not the concept, IMO.

3. How is she sealing these? At first I thought she was canning them in a water bath, but on her site it says they are fresh (unopened) for 7 days. That makes me think she is just slicing a cupcake in half, puting in the filling, and screwing on the lid.

4. I found these jars at my local Ace Hardware. They are Kerr Wide Mouth half-Pint jars. They were $7.

5. On one of my other message boards we were talking about these and someone bit the bullet and ordered some. She said the cakes were absolutely fabulous, but not quite worth the $$$$.

I am going to make some of these and see how it goes.

cjshoemake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cjshoemake Posted 27 Apr 2008 , 1:19am
post #41 of 50

this is a very cute idea! I would also like to try these. What do you think would be a reasonable price to sell one for ?

kellymarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellymarie Posted 2 May 2008 , 2:56pm
post #42 of 50

I found this website after searching "cupcake in a jar" on google...

http://www.yummycupcakes.com/features.html

judylynnturner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
judylynnturner Posted 7 May 2008 , 2:02pm
post #43 of 50

My MIL and I have been getting along very well and she has one of those electric sealers. You put the attachment on the top of the jar and it vacuum seal it. That could be what she is doing. The cakes stay fresh for a long time...

kneadacookie Posted 7 May 2008 , 4:17pm
post #44 of 50

oooh i think my brother has one. i may have to try this this weekend

ShayIrving Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShayIrving Posted 1 Aug 2010 , 7:11pm
post #45 of 50
ALR1955 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ALR1955 Posted 1 Aug 2010 , 7:22pm
post #46 of 50

I found this idea in this book: 101 Gourme Cupcakes in 10 minutes by
Wendy Paul. Page 118 & 120.
It says the cakes will keep in refrigerator unopened for up to 3 weeks.

KEE-KEE1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KEE-KEE1 Posted 10 Nov 2014 , 4:03pm
post #47 of 50

Hey!! I ship anywhere in the United States! KeeKee's Cake Jars!! Find them on creativecakesbykeekee.com 

ieattoomanycupcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ieattoomanycupcakes Posted 4 Aug 2017 , 2:32pm
post #48 of 50

So I just received some cupcakes in a jar for a gift  (from Sunflour Baking Company) and they were delicious Cupcakes In A Jar? so I Googled for recipes and found my way here and figured I'd comment. Seems like they were not baked in the jar but basically cake and buttercream layered in the jar. The cake obviously has to cool before going in the jar or the frosting gets messy. But WOW buttercream was delicious. Anyways, off to the lab (a.k.a. my kitchen to give it a try). Just ordered a bunch of jars off Amazon. Will check back in :)

This is from their website...

Cupcakes In A Jar?

pipsqueakbombstockings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pipsqueakbombstockings Posted 5 Aug 2017 , 4:59am
post #49 of 50

I make cupcakes in a jar all the time!  I bake the cupcakes in the pan and then stuff them in the jar once they're cool.  I love sending them to friends and family out of town/state.  They are so novel and people love them!

Cupcakes In A Jar?

GIGGLEBOX2014 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GIGGLEBOX2014 Posted 14 Aug 2017 , 9:58am
post #50 of 50

Me too! I make them for my kiddos teachers at the beginning of the school year with super cute tags that say "Here's to a Sweet year!". Super fun and always a hit!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%