Help With Fondant Roses?

Decorating By lmn4881 Updated 14 Apr 2008 , 2:22am by lmn4881

lmn4881 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lmn4881 Posted 14 Apr 2008 , 12:44am
post #1 of 4

Could someone please explain to me how these are made? I've only ever made the ones from the Wilton class with the cone shaped base,

thanks
LL

3 replies
LittleLinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleLinda Posted 14 Apr 2008 , 1:12am
post #2 of 4

Wow, that's sure pretty. I hope somebody knows how to make them and posts it!

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 14 Apr 2008 , 1:35am
post #3 of 4

It basically is the same as the cone based. It's just that they wrapped the cone well icon_smile.gif The petal is set way above the center so you don't see it.
Cut 7 petals - can be circles or teardrops - even a slight oval. These must be kept under plastic wrap so they don't dry out as you work on one at a time. Stretch the fondant by thinning one edge into a fan shape w/your fingers OR use a ball tool. This will be the top of the petal. Start rolling it very tightly, then looser as you go. As you can see in the pic it doesn't take much rolling - the petals are small - maybe a 1"- 1 1/2" shape to start.
For the rest of the petals, finger thin/stretch one edge to a fan shape; very lightly moisten the bottom of this petal and wrap it around the center. Tweak the petal by rolling it backwards over you finger &/or kind of pinch it to give the petal some movement. Continue until you have used all petals. Best dried upside down.

lmn4881 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lmn4881 Posted 14 Apr 2008 , 2:22am
post #4 of 4

I bet it's going to take w hile to make each one...lol icon_eek.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%