What Is The Cold Spray Product I See In Tv Cake Challenges?

Decorating By Bossy Updated 14 Apr 2008 , 6:25pm by altacalifas

Bossy Posted 13 Apr 2008 , 9:48pm
post #1 of 12

I want to try this product to see if it will help with the fingers, toes and hair not sticking as soon as I cut them, like in the doll below. Would this product temporally firm up the parts during assembly?

11 replies
springlakecake Posted 13 Apr 2008 , 10:14pm
post #2 of 12

I sort of thought it was a 'freeze' spray. Like to quickly cool down chocolate or something so it will stay? I guess I am not sure though.

Bossy Posted 13 Apr 2008 , 10:59pm
post #3 of 12

Thanks! I just Googled edible freeze spray and found it. They also have food laquer. Anybody know how that works?

terrig007 Posted 13 Apr 2008 , 11:18pm
post #4 of 12

The little doll is adorable, you do beautiful work!

msthang1224 Posted 13 Apr 2008 , 11:33pm
post #5 of 12

That doll is too cute, wonderful job

turnerdmann Posted 13 Apr 2008 , 11:44pm
post #6 of 12

I am not sure about this, but I went to an Army food competition and the food had been sprayed to hold color and appearance during the 3 day competition. They told me it was a food lacquer . I don't know if that is the same as your talking about.

I love you little girl icon_biggrin.gif


hwnhulahands Posted 13 Apr 2008 , 11:45pm
post #7 of 12

I'm almost sure that it's for drying things like chocolate and to make things hard faster. It's almost like a can of air that you can buy at computer places, you know the can of air to clean the dust off computer keyboards, etc?! I heard them talking about it on a cake challenge once saying that it's basically air in a can like the ones we use to clean the computers and it's parts.

Bossy Posted 14 Apr 2008 , 12:25am
post #8 of 12

My first thought was aslo the computer cleaning spray, but it's not food safe! I did find the food grade freeze spray at Chef Rubber.com. Thanks for the compliments. I feel very unskilled when I look at all the talented people here. CC is my inspiration to learn all I can about sugar art. Anyone else know about food laquer spray?

So many cakes to try, so little time!!!!!

turnerdmann Posted 14 Apr 2008 , 1:29am
post #9 of 12

ooops. Just read my reply. It should have said " I love your girl (doll)

smitakasargod Posted 14 Apr 2008 , 5:41pm
post #10 of 12

I think you want the magic freeze spray. It is available online

summernoelle Posted 14 Apr 2008 , 5:59pm
post #11 of 12

Thank you for asking that question! I have been wondering it myself, too.

altacalifas Posted 14 Apr 2008 , 6:25pm
post #12 of 12

Nice Work!!! thumbs_up.gif

The spray is to preserve the chocolate or sugar work from humidity as well as imparting shine.

Quote by @%username% on %date%