Writing On A Wedding Cake

Decorating By ShopGrl1128 Updated 17 Apr 2008 , 3:28am by Jopalis

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 14 Apr 2008 , 3:51pm
post #31 of 43

i don't like that cake either. it looks too...much, too much. i saw one where there were words about how the bride and groom describes their relationship like hope, laughter, love, etc. the cake was done in pale blue and the writing in white so it didn't clash and it looked really pretty.

ETA
i meant i don't like the cake with the guests' names on it. the second cake looks good actually.

mgdqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mgdqueen Posted 14 Apr 2008 , 3:52pm
post #32 of 43

That's hilarious...if you hadn't noticed, that "terrific idea" was the GROOM's idea!! icon_biggrin.gif

lu9129 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lu9129 Posted 14 Apr 2008 , 3:59pm
post #33 of 43

Then you are going to have all of the guests around the table looking for their name and then poking at it saying "there it is"! lol

All I can say is there isn't enough money. My handwriting sucks!

Good luck!

Lu

Gale Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gale Posted 14 Apr 2008 , 4:18pm
post #34 of 43

I was just asked last month to do this cake! But after talking with the bride, she has decided to just use the names of her attendants. (sigh of relief) I am planning on writing them in royal icing and painting them gold. I'm also doing this cake in hexagons so the names should fit nicely on the sides.

pjaycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pjaycakes Posted 14 Apr 2008 , 4:30pm
post #35 of 43

I think I would have to have a Sugar Veil pump for that. I wouldn't be able to use my hand for a week after that cake.

homemaluhia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
homemaluhia Posted 14 Apr 2008 , 4:35pm
post #36 of 43

I have a bride who also asked for writing on the side of the cake. She has a favorite scripture. She also wanted a specific, very flourished font, but I was able to talk her out of it. I'm planning to use Sugerveil icing with a small parchment cone ....

I guess writing on the cake is the new thing!

ShopGrl1128 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShopGrl1128 Posted 14 Apr 2008 , 4:36pm
post #37 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gale

I was just asked last month to do this cake! But after talking with the bride, she has decided to just use the names of her attendants. (sigh of relief) I am planning on writing them in royal icing and painting them gold. I'm also doing this cake in hexagons so the names should fit nicely on the sides.

Hi Gale, that makes three of us already! good luck with your cake.

I think I will do RI with luster dust too...

Ironbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ironbaker Posted 14 Apr 2008 , 6:25pm
post #38 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgdqueen

That's hilarious...if you hadn't noticed, that "terrific idea" was the GROOM's idea!! icon_biggrin.gif

icon_lol.gif I was just about to post that!

Signing a sheet cake is a claver idea! At the same time, that's a lot of people messing with one cake. Leave some sanitizer nearby. icon_razz.gif

superstar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superstar Posted 14 Apr 2008 , 9:44pm
post #39 of 43

A little writing can look wonderful, Lorraine (Aine2) has a wonderful example in her gallery. It is tastefully done & looks beautiful. I don't know how to post a link.

ShopGrl1128 Posted 15 Apr 2008 , 1:45am
post #40 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by aligotmatt

I have a poem cake in my pictures that was edible images. If I were asked to do allof those names, I would print them on edible paper and slap those babies on to the cake. Or at least offer it as the not quite as expensive option.

Well, the bride INSIST on having this cake, so I guess I will just have to take the bull by the horns.

Aligotmatt: can you please tell me what method you used to do your poem cake?
Was your cake iced in buttercream with the edible images or is if fondant?

I planning to buy the printer soon...

Thanks in advance.

cakequeen50 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakequeen50 Posted 15 Apr 2008 , 4:05am
post #41 of 43

Not only would writing all those names be so time consuming, what about the spacing of the names???? How many on each tier, on each line? How do you evenly space so there are no big gaps? will all the names fit? Will there be too much room left over on one line? Do you have to count the letters in the names to make sure all the lines are evenly distributed?
It's asking for trouble in my opinion!

ShopGrl1128 Posted 16 Apr 2008 , 2:07pm
post #42 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakequeen50

Not only would writing all those names be so time consuming, what about the spacing of the names???? How many on each tier, on each line? How do you evenly space so there are no big gaps? will all the names fit? Will there be too much room left over on one line? Do you have to count the letters in the names to make sure all the lines are evenly distributed?
It's asking for trouble in my opinion!

I've thought about that too, I have a lot of planning to do for this cake.

Jopalis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jopalis Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 3:28am
post #43 of 43

Well if you did them in script you could make it look like scrollwork/sotas type of look. You wouldn't have to be so fussy about them being perfect.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%