Can You Freeze Fillings?

Decorating By jenlg Updated 18 Apr 2008 , 11:50am by cakebaker1957

jenlg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenlg Posted 13 Apr 2008 , 7:52pm
post #1 of 6

I'm just wondering if anyone freezes their fillings...(raspberry, strawberries & cream, kahula...so on)....if so how long would they last? Reason being...say you make a bunch for a tasting and have leftovers....couldn't you freeze that for a future tasting....say a few weeks? Or maybe just make a batch now and divide it up in small freezer contains for future use? Thanks in advance!!

5 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 13 Apr 2008 , 8:44pm
post #2 of 6

I've never made any from scratch so I can't say. Generaly, if it has fresh fruit &/or gelatin in it no it cannot be fzn.
Anything cooked probably can be refrigerated for up to 7-10 days.
I think you are going to have to experiment. Freeze dollops of them to see how it turns out. Just spoon them into an ice cube tray to fz. When fzn remove to a plastic bag for storage.

msthang1224 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msthang1224 Posted 13 Apr 2008 , 11:37pm
post #3 of 6

I was wondering the same thing because every week I make a pineapple filling for 2 cakes and I always have leftovers. I throw away the leftovers because i'm not sure how long it will last and scared to use it the follwing week.

I hope someone can help us with this answer.

TIA

cakebaker1957 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaker1957 Posted 14 Apr 2008 , 2:06am
post #4 of 6

Does anyone know if you can freeze the sleeves of fillings, that you can buy from bake shops?? Hope so cause i froze one/

jenlg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenlg Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 12:35am
post #5 of 6

I worked at a local restaurant that used the sleeves for their donut fillings. We froze the fruit fillings but not the creams...like the bavarian. They always thawed a little watery. Fruits were good.

Still looking for help with the cake fillings though? Anyone?

cakebaker1957 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaker1957 Posted 18 Apr 2008 , 11:50am
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenlg

I worked at a local restaurant that used the sleeves for their donut fillings. We froze the fruit fillings but not the creams...like the bavarian. They always thawed a little watery. Fruits were good.

Still looking for help with the cake fillings though? Anyone?

thanks , now i know, i froze a strawberry one and a cherry one

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%