Question About Emmascakes

Decorating By dabear Updated 17 Apr 2008 , 5:10pm by jen1977

dabear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dabear Posted 13 Apr 2008 , 4:36pm
post #1 of 15

I just noticed that she no longer has her cake pictures posted. icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif I must of missed something, but I am so sad. I loved her style of decorating.

I know she had posted a blog with pictures of one of the cakes she did, I thought I saved it. But I cannot find it now. icon_sad.gif Does anybody have a link to that?
Thank-you,

14 replies
ac2steachk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ac2steachk Posted 13 Apr 2008 , 5:15pm
post #2 of 15
dabear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dabear Posted 13 Apr 2008 , 7:57pm
post #3 of 15

Oh thank-you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gifthumbs_up.gif

sarahnichole975 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarahnichole975 Posted 14 Apr 2008 , 3:47pm
post #4 of 15

She is definitely one of my faves of all the decorators in the world. She should be famous with the likes of Collette and Margaret.

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 16 Apr 2008 , 6:42am
post #5 of 15

Wow, she's amazing. I just went and checked out the link and all I can say is Wowwwww!!

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 16 Apr 2008 , 10:55am
post #6 of 15

Finding this happening more and more often icon_sad.gif ... we are losing good people guys icon_sad.gif

vickymacd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vickymacd Posted 16 Apr 2008 , 11:23am
post #7 of 15

Not that most people can copy her cakes, but do you think that may be a reason?

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 16 Apr 2008 , 11:26am
post #8 of 15

I don't think so Vicky.. she used to post quite frequently ... things get heated on here and we are losing some very good decorators and bakers icon_sad.gif

cakesbyjess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyjess Posted 16 Apr 2008 , 10:24pm
post #9 of 15

I miss Emma. icon_cry.gif She is one of the nicest people I've met here!

4Gifts4Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
4Gifts4Lisa Posted 16 Apr 2008 , 10:39pm
post #10 of 15

I miss Emma too. I am dying to hear what happened with her crazy neighbor!!!

cambo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cambo Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 12:27pm
post #11 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by wgoat5

I don't think so Vicky.. she used to post quite frequently ... things get heated on here and we are losing some very good decorators and bakers icon_sad.gif

I agree with you! I loved seeing Emma's creations...and it's SO sad how many talented members we're losing....something's gotta give!

southerncake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
southerncake Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 12:51pm
post #12 of 15

Cambo,

I agree, but unfortunately, this has happened before. The first year of CC, there were some amazing decorators here that I really loved. We went through a spell (like now) where things got really heated and there were some hurt feelings and that talented group left. I hope we don't lose all the "greats" (like Emma) this go around!

Ironbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ironbaker Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 1:42pm
post #13 of 15

I love Emma, I learned so many english phrases/words from her! I'm dying to hear what became of her crazy neighbors, too.

Do we know for sure she left because of "hurt feelings" and not because of the site issues? Or personal stuff?

Emma if you're out there, I hope you return!

dragonflydreams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dragonflydreams Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 4:49pm
post #14 of 15

. . . yes we lost a good one . . . soooo sad icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif I can't imagine what happened . . . she was sooo helpful and a great talent . . .

jen1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jen1977 Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 5:10pm
post #15 of 15

I loved looking at her work, and she was always so helpful. Adven hasn't been around either, and I really miss seeing all of her new cakes too!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%