Baby Blue

Decorating By steplite Updated 13 Apr 2008 , 7:26pm by Jeannem

steplite Posted 13 Apr 2008 , 4:30pm
post #1 of 5

Can someone please tell me how to get true Baby blue for a baby shower cake. I don't want it to be teal. More powder blue. The sky blue has too much green in it. Thanks.

4 replies
ThatsHowTcakesRolls Posted 13 Apr 2008 , 6:52pm
post #2 of 5

I had the same problem - I hate that Sky blue. I just use Royal Blue. If I want a very light blue - I don't even use a whole drop (depending on how much icing you're tinting). Another safe way to do it if you're afraid of using too much color is to tint a very small amount a light blue and then add white to it until you have the amount & shade you want. Good Luck!

Tammi

agroeve Posted 13 Apr 2008 , 6:53pm
post #3 of 5

don't know how much help i can be as i live in the uk. here we have sugarflair paste colours and they make a baby blue its so beautiful and pale

jsmith Posted 13 Apr 2008 , 7:04pm
post #4 of 5

I made baby blue for a cake I did this weekend by using a little sky blue, even less purple, and a touch of black. Not very much just the bare tip of a toothpick.

Jeannem Posted 13 Apr 2008 , 7:26pm
post #5 of 5

You're going to think I'm nuts, but add some white coloring to your frosting. It makes the frosting opaque so the true color comes through. The baby cake in my photos is royal blue and white only. All frosting has a yellow tinge-whether you can see it or not.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%