Blimey, How Do I Get A Lime Color?

Decorating By wrightway777 Updated 14 Apr 2008 , 1:41am by wrightway777

wrightway777 Posted 13 Apr 2008 , 2:51pm
post #1 of 11

I need a lime color for a cake that I am doing in two months. But do I mix the color pastes I already have (I have most wilton colors) or does someone make lime (Americolor?)? detective.gif

10 replies
wgoat5 Posted 13 Apr 2008 , 2:56pm
post #2 of 11

There is a neon green icon_smile.gif ... makes a great lime color!!!

Also if you don't wanna order that one.. Betty Crocker actually makes the neon green gel color and it's in the baking isle at the super market (sometimes it's awesome to find things like this, especially when it's a last minute cake and ya don't have LIME icon_sad.gificon_sad.gif LOL)

HTH's

Christ

KathleenR Posted 13 Apr 2008 , 3:17pm
post #3 of 11
iamlis Posted 13 Apr 2008 , 3:21pm
post #4 of 11

You make a REALLY bright yellow and add a dot of green at a time-but not very much green at all! THEN VIOLA LIME GREEN icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

tonedna Posted 13 Apr 2008 , 3:25pm
post #5 of 11

Americolor has a neon green that has a perfect lime color!
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

iamlis Posted 13 Apr 2008 , 3:42pm
post #6 of 11

Oh by the way Americolor does make a neon green too! THat is an easy way to do it, but if you are in a pinch, those good ole Wilton one's can work too, just yellow and a tad of green! Good luck!

misha35 Posted 13 Apr 2008 , 4:00pm
post #7 of 11

I bought neon green food coloring at the grocery store in the baking aisle (set of 4 neon colors) - worked great!

CakesByLJ Posted 13 Apr 2008 , 4:26pm
post #8 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrightway777

I need a lime color for a cake that I am doing in two months. But do I mix the color pastes I already have (I have most wilton colors) or does someone make lime (?)? detective.gif

I use Americolor Electric Green.. works great

delicious_designs7 Posted 13 Apr 2008 , 4:32pm
post #9 of 11

I buy a set of neon colors from Wal-Mart in the baking aisle. I use these colors A LOT!

jenncowin Posted 13 Apr 2008 , 4:46pm
post #10 of 11

I use the Americolor Neon Green as well, but when I'm in a pinch, Lemon Yellow and Green just as everybody else has said. I haven't used the neon set from Wal-Mart, so I don't know how they work-may have to try them.

wrightway777 Posted 14 Apr 2008 , 1:41am
post #11 of 11

Wow thanks everyone! I cant believe the neon color has been right under my nose in the grocery store!
I love all the suggested color combinations too! You wont believe it but its for a Wedding cake. Her colors are lime and turquoise (it will be contemporary). I'm coming up with some designs to get her approval this week. This is going to be fun!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%