Hogwarts Cake

Decorating By julzs71 Updated 26 Apr 2008 , 3:51am by julzs71

julzs71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julzs71 Posted 13 Apr 2008 , 8:01am
post #1 of 21

I am making a Hogwarts cake for a Boy Scouts auction. Actually my friends son is coming over tomorrow to help me finish it. We have a lot to do. He is so excited. He won't get as much as anyone would sell it for, but it sure has been fun so far for me.
We are covering the tree with candy clay. We are making a lake with a mermaid. He wants to make Harry Potter flying. I want to make a dragon, because I haven't made one ever. Oh, I made dormer roofs also. I know we are missing a lot of stuff. If you have any suggestions before tomorrow night please add them.
Here is the beginning pictures. It took a lot of boxes and this and that to find the right stuff. I have to go and ice it up.
LL

20 replies
Honeydukes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Honeydukes Posted 13 Apr 2008 , 8:45am
post #2 of 21

I'm sorry I don't have any suggestions for you -- I don't do many cakes and even fewer sculpted ones. But I am looking forward to seeing the magic you create!!! It looks great so far. I hope you raise a huge amount of money! Best of luck to you!!! thumbs_up.gif

tania9 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tania9 Posted 13 Apr 2008 , 9:17am
post #3 of 21

When we had a Harry Potter party last year, my daughter found this lady on the net, her name is Britta and she has the most amazing Potter parties. This is a link to the Hogwarts cake she made.

http://gallery.britta.com/Y7hogwarts

and this is the page for her Potter party things like recipes and stuff if anyone ever needs it. It's unbelievable!

http://www.britta.com/hogwarts/index.html

tania9 Posted 13 Apr 2008 , 9:19am
post #4 of 21

oops
this is the link to the first page of the photos and how she did it

http://gallery.britta.com/Y7hogwarts?page=1

there's loads of ideas on these pages and her main page

I hope the auction goes fantastically icon_smile.gif

julzs71 Posted 13 Apr 2008 , 9:47am
post #5 of 21

I wish I had seen that site. Mine is nowhere as good. Mine is more like kindergarten compared to hers. The only thing hers and mine have in common is the lights.
Thanks for the site.

tania9 Posted 13 Apr 2008 , 12:16pm
post #6 of 21

Your cake looks fantastic!
now my cake on the other hand .. well.. lol I'll just keep those photos to myself lol

julzs71 Posted 13 Apr 2008 , 4:56pm
post #7 of 21

here it is in the middle. I still have a lot more.
LL

julzs71 Posted 14 Apr 2008 , 2:38am
post #8 of 21

You can finally start seeing things.
LL

julzs71 Posted 16 Apr 2008 , 4:12am
post #9 of 21

Here is the final picture...The end...Finally. Guess how much it went for...Guess....O.K. It went for 50 dollars. Yep 50. My daughter had to go and see how much it went for. I got a free boyscout computer game. It is super special, because it hasn't even been distributed yet. Yeah...1500 dollar cake traded for a boyscout computer game. Ha ha, just joking. My daughter said the boy was super duper excited. He was just staring at it the whole time and wouldn't let anyone touch it. It was alot of fun though. Enough talking. It is missing some pictures because I left it to my daughter to take them. I had a Harry, and the whomping willow, and the other side of the building. My friend took pictures of them, so I will upload in a day or two.
The water is rock candy with blue, the dragon is gumpaste and the wings are paper with royal icing accent. Harry Potter is fimo clay. I'm trying to think of anything else. If you have any questions just ask. Thanks for looking.
LL
LL
LL
LL

lastingmoments Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lastingmoments Posted 16 Apr 2008 , 4:35am
post #10 of 21

you did a great job!

tania9 Posted 16 Apr 2008 , 8:06am
post #11 of 21

wow!
The cake turned out perfectly, congratulations icon_smile.gif

Ursula40 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ursula40 Posted 16 Apr 2008 , 9:16am
post #12 of 21

I can't believe that that cake only went for 50 Dollars, I would have taken it back for that price, they should've put a minimum of at least 150 $ on it and then a good auctioneer would've gotten even more. That cake is AWESOME!!!!!!

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 16 Apr 2008 , 12:20pm
post #13 of 21

It's very cool.. even if it's not really cake. I'm sure the boy will love it for a long time. icon_smile.gif

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 16 Apr 2008 , 12:27pm
post #14 of 21

okay sorry if this is stupid, which part was the actual cake?

it looks really cool though. can't wait to see more pictures icon_smile.gif

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 16 Apr 2008 , 12:38pm
post #15 of 21

From looking at the pictures of how it was made.. very little was actually cake.. she said that there were cupcakes behind it?? It's a very cool feat no matter what it's made of though! icon_smile.gif

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 16 Apr 2008 , 12:40pm
post #16 of 21

yeah it looks really cool! any fan would be amazed with it. am sure that little boy is like, just staring at it now icon_smile.gif

Omicake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Omicake Posted 16 Apr 2008 , 12:44pm
post #17 of 21

Excellent job! I wonder how many long hours of labor you put into it.The experience must have been rewarding in personal satisfaction.

julzs71 Posted 16 Apr 2008 , 2:33pm
post #18 of 21

Thanks for the nice comments.
It took like 35 hours to make. The whole base was not cake at all. I put cupcakes in the back so whomever bought the cake could save it and use for a birthday party whenever it may be and/or they could pass it around.

julzs71 Posted 26 Apr 2008 , 3:22am
post #19 of 21

here are some of the pictures that my friend took. The lighting on some of them makes weird colors.
LL

julzs71 Posted 26 Apr 2008 , 3:34am
post #20 of 21

oops..sent it out before attachments.
LL

julzs71 Posted 26 Apr 2008 , 3:51am
post #21 of 21

I keep submitting on accident
LL
LL