Kids Cake Camp Ideas....

Decorating By milissasmom Updated 13 Apr 2008 , 3:35pm by milissasmom

milissasmom Posted 13 Apr 2008 , 3:11am
post #1 of 5

Hi friends,
I am a member of several moms groups in my area which is where lots of my business comes from. I have been asked to do a small Kids Cake Camp sort of thing for some of the kids. The ages will range from 8-12. I have a 19 month old and donât really do a lot of cooking with kids. I have known most of these moms and kids since long before I had my daughter so I want to do something nice and fun. I am thinking of doing 2-3 days for 2 hours a day during the summer. My general idea is all I haveâ¦.
Day one - Kitchen basics, where we will cover kitchen etiquette (basic hygiene, safety and baking basics as well as go over the tools inside their Camp Kit ) Kit will consist of these items (mostly from dollar store):
⢠ Set of measuring spoons
⢠ Set of dry measuring cups
⢠ 1 Liquid measuring cup
⢠ Full Fabric Apron w/pocket (someone is making them for me for 5 bucks)
⢠ Bandana scarf (in lieu of chefâs hat)
⢠ Basic recipes (Wilton buttercream, basic white cake etc)
What else should we do? Has anyone else done anything else like this? Thanks in advance for you help...

4 replies
Mac Posted 13 Apr 2008 , 12:08pm
post #2 of 5

Yes, I do 4 Kid's Camp classes in the summer.
I generally get my aprons from Oriental Trading or somewhere like that--I did a search on Yahoo! and found some for way less than $5.

How much do you charge each child for the Camp? We charge $35.00 per child. One day is Food cakes--small taco cakes, spaghetti cupcakes, small hamburger cakes with cookie "patty". Another day is animal cupcakes--turtles, frogs, dogs, cats--made from candy clay. Then we have done a Pizza camp--started with a breakfast pizza, then a bar-b-que chicken pizza (actually started this one first so the pizza dough could rise--it was a scratch recipe) and a dessert pizza.

These are such fun classes.

Texas_Rose Posted 13 Apr 2008 , 12:20pm
post #3 of 5

Oh, that sounds like fun!

Don't buy the measuring spoons from the Dollar Tree...theirs never measure right icon_biggrin.gif

milissasmom Posted 13 Apr 2008 , 3:34pm
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac

Yes, I do 4 Kid's Camp classes in the summer.
I generally get my aprons from Oriental Trading or somewhere like that--I did a search on Yahoo! and found some for way less than $5.

How much do you charge each child for the Camp? We charge $35.00 per child. One day is Food cakes--small taco cakes, spaghetti cupcakes, small hamburger cakes with cookie "patty". Another day is animal cupcakes--turtles, frogs, dogs, cats--made from candy clay. Then we have done a Pizza camp--started with a breakfast pizza, then a bar-b-que chicken pizza (actually started this one first so the pizza dough could rise--it was a scratch recipe) and a dessert pizza.

These are such fun classes.

Great thanks so much...I thought the 5 dollars could be beat that's why I put the price there so someone could verify it for me. Love your ideas...You have no idea how much this helps me get the wheels turning. I was going to charge 30-35 so I guess I was in the right ball park with that one! Thanks again for this... thumbs_up.gif

milissasmom Posted 13 Apr 2008 , 3:35pm
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Rose

Don't buy the measuring spoons from the Dollar Tree...theirs never measure right icon_biggrin.gif

Got it!! Thanks icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%