Michaels Wmis, I Need Your Advice!

Decorating By Angelgirl Updated 14 Apr 2008 , 2:15am by Angelgirl

Angelgirl Posted 13 Apr 2008 , 2:57am
post #1 of 7

Since the changes at Michaels, I've been asked to do some new displays for the stores. No problem, except that I've never taught a Project class! I have no idea how to do a display for the 4 project classes, because they don't want full project displays. Have any of you done project displays for your classroom? If so, what did you do if you don't mind sharing? Feel free to PM me if you feel more comfortable doing that.

6 replies
iamlis Posted 13 Apr 2008 , 3:19am
post #2 of 7

Hey, What I did was do a story board type display, I take pictures of my classes, then the final product.

Soo...my manager posted a great photo of each on a board. It looks great and we have a nice display icon_smile.gif

The changes have been fun, huh?? LOL!

disneynutbsv Posted 13 Apr 2008 , 11:17am
post #3 of 7

my instructor did every flower we learned, but in royal icing and then glued it to the board with a picture of each cake that is done. Looked pretty cool!

iamlis Posted 13 Apr 2008 , 3:48pm
post #4 of 7

Let me clarify....I have a board up that has all my 4 week course cakes glues to it. THEN on a separate board are 4 of the 8x10 photos of each of my project class final product. Its really neat icon_smile.gif GOOD LUCK!

froglover Posted 13 Apr 2008 , 5:08pm
post #5 of 7

What I did was take a black piece of foam board and used Michaels cricut machine to print out all of the different royal icing flower names and attached them all over the board then either at the front or end of each name I attached one of my flowers. Now each time my student finish course 2 and 3 they "donate" a few flowers and I glue them underneath the name of the flower. That way when my new students come in and complement me on the flowers I say well all but a few of them are from previous student and they were made right here in class. It will take a few months to be completely full but it will be very pretty. I did this because my students used to say "Well that is a pretty display but your the proffessional of course you can do it, I'll never be able to do something like that." Now they can't say that because the displays are made from students. icon_lol.gif

iamlis Posted 13 Apr 2008 , 6:41pm
post #6 of 7

I think she is referencing the project class display though, I think.

Angelgirl Posted 14 Apr 2008 , 2:15am
post #7 of 7
Originally Posted by iamlis

I think she is referencing the project class display though, I think.

Yes, exactly. I've already got a completed board for the 4-week classes, I'm just talking about the project ones. Thanks so much for the ideas so far. I suggested adding pictures and the store manager kind of shook the suggestion off. He seems to want actual, finished projects.

Quote by @%username% on %date%