Unlawful Killing

Lounge By sweetcakes Updated 17 Apr 2008 , 2:38pm by CoveredInCake

sweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakes Posted 13 Apr 2008 , 2:02am
post #1 of 6

I hope it is ok to post this here. ive waited nearly 5 years to start talking about this and now our case is over i can.

almost 5 yrs ago my dad was killed riding his new Triumph motorbike. apparently the bike had a recall that was sold with the recall unfixed and continued to be missed during subsequent service visits. This all happened in the UK by the way.
The rear wheel locked causing my dad to be violently thrown from the bike at 60mph killing him instantly. At the inquest we had a jury and they came back with an unlawful killing verdict, but that was just an inquest so no one got punished. Now in England because the company that sold the bike admitted negligence they got off. We ended up suing them but get this, all we where intitled to were gifts that our father may have given over the rest of his life. Isn;t that pathetic. The amount awarded to us was less then the price of a new motorbike, thats for 3 daughters and 9 grandchildren. Im disgusted at the British legal system so now im going to post the story where ever i can. thankyou for reading. We didn;t go out to get money we wanted them punished. the result didn;t even phase them..

5 replies
michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 13 Apr 2008 , 2:13am
post #2 of 6

Wow. I am very sorry to hear that you lost your dad, and the case must have really been a shocker to you. That stinks!

Maybe now you will be able to heal. It is horrible when bad thing happen to our loved ones.

Take care,
Michelle

fmcmulle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fmcmulle Posted 13 Apr 2008 , 1:33pm
post #3 of 6

Wow that is just crazy! I think legal systems all over the world need work.
I am really sorry this happened to your dad and your family. I will keep your family in my prayers.
Faye

chutzpah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chutzpah Posted 13 Apr 2008 , 1:38pm
post #4 of 6

Call all the papers and see if they can't do a story about it.

I am so sorry about your dad.

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 14 Apr 2008 , 4:14am
post #5 of 6

I'm so sorry to read that this has happened to your family. Please just try to remember the good times with your dad and smile.

CoveredInCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CoveredInCake Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 2:38pm
post #6 of 6

We definately do justic by newspaper around here. I"m so sorry to hear about your father. ((hug)) I that now being able to talk about it will help you find some kind of peace. My heart goes out to your family...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%