Please Give Me An Idea Of A Baby Shower Cake For A Girl

Decorating By stacyd Updated 16 Apr 2008 , 6:46am by xstitcher

stacyd Posted 13 Apr 2008 , 12:48am
post #1 of 3

Ok, so my husband's friend made a video of our wedding and did a FANTASTIC job. .He has not suddenly met a woman, married her and is expecting his first child. I would really like to do an amazing cake for him since he did such an awesome job on our wedding video. I am not very good at making "pretty" cakes- I can never get my icing smooth enough and my flowers are all wilting! Anyway, if anyone could give me an idea that would be impressive, yet somewhat feasible to do. I have a lot of time to do it, he moved with the new girl out of state and won't be back until summer- after the baby is born. He is expecting a girl. Thanks for any help!

2 replies
ac2steachk Posted 13 Apr 2008 , 3:43pm
post #2 of 3

Have you looked through the baby shower gallery? That's the first place to go for inspiration. If you can't get your BC smooth, have you tried fondant? That will give you a smoother surface.
Do the parents have any special interests or a theme picked out for the baby's room? That would be something to get you started.

Here are a few pics to get you thinking.
lots of decoration over the top would hid un-smooth BC.
These are popular designs.

xstitcher Posted 16 Apr 2008 , 6:46am
post #3 of 3

I think you want you should try some of the various techniques to see if any could help you to smooth your cakes ie. upside down method, melvira's method or the papertowel method. I think you can find all of them here on the website. The other thing you could do is maybe make a small batch of icing and practise your flowers (you could use some vinyl or the back of the pan etc.)

Cheers! icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%