Please Help!! Fridge Or No Fridge?!!

Decorating By Tellis12 Updated 13 Apr 2008 , 4:02am by aoliveira

Tellis12 Posted 12 Apr 2008 , 10:46pm
post #1 of 4

Hey CC,
I have made a cake for a customer and it is filled with what was supposed to be choc. ganache. However I made it wrong and it's more like choc. whipped cream, but not quite as light. I am planning to cover the cake in poured ganache and my question is this: do I need to tell her to put the cake in the fridge or will my filling be safe if she leaves it in a cool, but not cold place? I would like it to stay shiny for her party if possible, however I don't want the cake to fall apart and the filling to be gross. Any help would be great!!! Thanks so so much!

3 replies
Chef_Stef Posted 12 Apr 2008 , 11:57pm
post #2 of 4

If it seems like whipped cream, I'd fridge it for sure. The only ganache filled cake I've made, we stored in the fridge.

c420 Posted 13 Apr 2008 , 12:53am
post #3 of 4

I'm with homecook..fridge! Anything with unstabilized dairy has to cooled or it can spoil and you def do not want that! Better it look not as good and taste excellent. I'm sure it will look nice anyway!

aoliveira Posted 13 Apr 2008 , 4:02am
post #4 of 4

I agree... fridge. A nice thick ganache that sets well can be left out, but if this one is more like a cream, I wouldn't trust it to do well especially if the room gets warm.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%