Need Help With Starting In Nh

Business By pinkz4u25 Updated 16 Apr 2008 , 1:51pm by DFND

pinkz4u25 Posted 12 Apr 2008 , 10:14pm
post #1 of 6

I have just gotten into cake decorating. I have made 2 really great cakes and making a third this weekend. Everyone has told me that i should go into business doing this but I have no idea how i would do this. I live in NH and dont know anything about how i would do this. Can anyone help me?

5 replies
kelleym Posted 12 Apr 2008 , 10:43pm
post #2 of 6
FromScratch Posted 12 Apr 2008 , 11:03pm
post #3 of 6

Well the good news is that it is REALLY easy to get licensed in NH. They require that you have a double bay sink or a single bay sink and a dishwasher, non-porous counter tops, and a bathroom near the kitchen so you have a handwashing station that isn't your main sink since that is where you do your sanitizing. You can have pets, you don't need a separate kitchen, and the licencing fees are not expensive. You will need to have your water tested and send your results in with your application which you can find on the DHHS website. You will most likely be filing for a Class H license which is for homestead kitchens making under $5000/year and the fee is $25 for the first year and free after that so long as you re-new in time.

Where abouts are you? I am in the southern part of the state near the coast in a town called Epping. Welcome to the board!!

pinkz4u25 Posted 14 Apr 2008 , 5:15pm
post #4 of 6

I'm in Nashua.

FromScratch Posted 16 Apr 2008 , 1:40pm
post #5 of 6

Cool.. nice to "meet" you! icon_biggrin.gif

DFND Posted 16 Apr 2008 , 1:51pm
post #6 of 6

Nice cake and welcome to cc. I'm thinking about getting licensed in the future too.

Nashua isn't far from me, I live in Tewksbury.

Quote by @%username% on %date%