Advertising Flyers??

Decorating By lmn4881 Updated 13 Apr 2008 , 6:19pm by lmn4881

lmn4881 Posted 12 Apr 2008 , 9:06pm
post #1 of 6

Has anyone made these to advertise their business? For Mother's day etc? I'd like to do some but I'm not sure how. Does anyone have one they could show me?

Thanks

5 replies
aoliveira Posted 13 Apr 2008 , 4:19am
post #2 of 6

With the internet so available to everyone, flyers are not as efficient as they used to be. I know someone who used them recently to advertise their business. They spent a ton of money to make the flyers, print them and have them inserted in the sunday paper. And in the end, she did not get one customer from that.

I would definitely use business cards, and always carry them with you. You can't imagine how many times I've been asked for a business card and didn't have one.

Look into advertising in a local paper, or the local website or town directory. You may have better luck with that.

ccr03 Posted 13 Apr 2008 , 4:41am
post #3 of 6

My sister started her business (non-cake) by making up some simple flyers and putting them in stores frequented by her target market.

It was a good stepping stone.

ccr03 Posted 13 Apr 2008 , 4:46am
post #4 of 6

My sister started her business (non-cake) by making up some simple flyers and putting them in stores frequented by her target market.

It was a good stepping stone.

momsgoodies Posted 13 Apr 2008 , 5:14am
post #5 of 6

I selected about 6 of my cake pictures and asked a friend from my office to "mount" them twice in a 8 1/2 x 11 sheet (the photos were in the left side of the paper). She used the paper horizontaly. In the right side I put a message with my info, specifying the use of fresh ingredients, kind of cakes (buttercream, fondant, etc.) available, my name, address, telephone, etc. She put it on a CD too. You can print them at your house or go to Office Max, Office Depot or a store like them and ask for colored copies (it costs around $1 per sheet. You will have 2 flyers per sheet, so you can decide how much copies you want/need. I will take a picture of my flyer tomorrow (I am re-charging my camera batteries now) and post it in my account. I will e-mail the flyer to you, so you will have a better idea. Hope help you!!

lmn4881 Posted 13 Apr 2008 , 6:19pm
post #6 of 6

Thanks Momsgoodies! I look forward to seeing it! I do have business cards but I've hit a low period and have nothing booked until June 7th.

I just thought if I did some flyers I could drum up some more business in the meantime.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%