Help Fast Pls! Do I Have Enough Cake Or Should I Bake More

Decorating By SweetResults Updated 12 Apr 2008 , 9:25pm by SweetResults

SweetResults Posted 12 Apr 2008 , 9:00pm
post #1 of 5

Hi folks,

Making a cake for 200 people, they only need small slices since they will be having other desserts.

So using a 3" pan I made a 14", 12" and a 10" - which according to the chart says 217 wedding sized servings. They rose quite high and are just under 3", once I torte, add the filling and frost and fondant, they will probably be about 3 1/2" tall.

I got nervous and made double layers, except when I took them out today I realized I forgot to bake a second 10" icon_cry.gif

So now I am looking at this and thinking that one of each layer could possibly be enough. The extra cake would not go to waste as I have cakes next weekend I could use them for.

What do you all think? I know typically a serving is 4" tall. Do I just bake another 10" or am I just giving them way too much cake?

TIA!

4 replies
Doug Posted 12 Apr 2008 , 9:02pm
post #2 of 5

close enough...esp. if they have other desserts.

SweetResults Posted 12 Apr 2008 , 9:12pm
post #3 of 5

Doug - what took you so long to reply?

LOL! You rock!

Thanks, I think I will just go ahead with the single layers.

I think maybe I have to invest in some 2" pans and go to double layers, I used to love the 3" pans, but now I just don't know.... 6" is a LOT of cake!!

Doug Posted 12 Apr 2008 , 9:21pm
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetResults

6" is a LOT of cake!!

says who?

not me.

more cake = happier

esp. if it's chocolate!

SweetResults Posted 12 Apr 2008 , 9:25pm
post #5 of 5

VERY true Doug, very true!

It's white chocolate with strawberry preserve filling, so not quite chocolate, but it will still be yummy. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%