Gonna Take A Break....

Decorating By step0nmi Updated 13 Apr 2008 , 1:17am by staceyssweettreats

step0nmi Posted 12 Apr 2008 , 6:56pm
post #1 of 7

I know it is the "thing to do" when someone on this site is pretty well known and they are going to be leaving for a while, make an announcement. I think I am doing the same. As I am a Gallery Support Member...I should be taken off of that, and part of the Critique Subgroup Members. I just didn't want anyone to think I have disappeared into thin air. anyway.... I guess I think I am important! icon_confused.gif

I am not whining but there have been a few things that have been bothering me since the site came back up and running. I just feel that the site is not the same anymore...we don't play nice like we use to. I guess it was only a matter of time when politeness flew out the window. In any case....I am at the end of my 2nd year in college and my studies have to come first. Plus, I am not doing any cakes at the moment so I really don't need to be lurking anyway. there have been a few things I have been reading that have hurt me and that is ME! Not anyone else...but I choose NOT to read these things any more. I need to move on to more important things and I don't feel that this site is very supportive anymore. This is just my opinion.

I will be back on if I have a question but no more lurking....I will always be a part of this site but I just need to take a step back right now. It is what's best for me...soo....if you see me lurking around and I am posting in a thread that is NOT one that I made myself...send me an email to tell me to get out! icon_lol.gif only because with any addiction it takes time to put it away. icon_lol.gif I love most of you people here....it's just my time to step back. If you REALLY need me you can always email me.

thank you for letting me get that out.
Stephanie icon_smile.gif

6 replies
flowers40 Posted 12 Apr 2008 , 7:15pm
post #2 of 7

I'm not really one of the members that lurks, but I do browse a lot! I appreciate everyone on this site and am greatful to all you faithful members who take the time out of your busy schedules to do postings, comments and advice. It is always a great loss, when a devoted member feels that for their own reasons they need to take a break, or just step away for a while. But as friends, well wishers and greatful members, we all must understand and wish you to do what is the best for you. I have noticed lately that there as been a bit of a negative streak running through our site, but sometimes these things are reflective of our times. With a recession and general hard times for most, these tends to affect peoples overall attitudes. And we all know that when people get online - they tend to loss some of their inhibitions. Anyway, we wish you well, and hope that your love for decorating will rekindle your desire to resume your service as a loyal member to this site, sometimes in the near or far away future. Either way, we have all gained from your presence here in the past and hopefully the future. GOOD LUCK!

Mac Posted 12 Apr 2008 , 7:16pm
post #3 of 7

We'll miss you, Stephanie!
I understand what you are saying...I haven't been on CC like I used to. But that's just me, also. Busy with opening my own kitchen.

I still pop in every now and then to post some pics and respond to posts.

Keep strong in your studies...HUGS--Pam

mkolmar Posted 12 Apr 2008 , 8:40pm
post #4 of 7

We'll miss you Stephanie, but when you have a chance drop a line to us. I graduate in 2 weeks and sadly was almost glad when CC was down just because I could get my work done. icon_lol.gif
Take a much deserved break and concentrate on what's important..your studies.

grannys3angels Posted 12 Apr 2008 , 9:28pm
post #5 of 7

I am sorry to hear that you have been hurt. You have to do what you feel and think is right for you. We'll miss you Stephanie!

Hope to see you posting again soon...Best Of Luck! with your studies and school. I agree, when you get a chance, drop us a line

God Bless,
Sharon

Edit Posted 13 Apr 2008 , 1:10am
post #6 of 7

I'm very sorry to hear that you're leaving. I've noticed the same things too. I've read two threads within one week that left bitter feelings in me. One of them was yesterday. Do I just remember wrong or we had to approve not to bully each other or be offensive in any way on this site when we first joined in? We come to this site to get help or support and not to be judged or looked down on. I hope the site will be as friendly as it was "before" and we are not going to loose any more valuable members. icon_smile.gif

staceyssweettreats Posted 13 Apr 2008 , 1:17am
post #7 of 7

Good luck with everything!

Unfortunately, there is a lot of negativity lately. Which has pulled me away from the site as much as I used to be on it. I loved reading the posts and looking at pics. But, like some of the others, it was good because I was able to do things around the house and do school work that needed to be done.

But, wish you the best in what you do. Good luck breaking the addiction! icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%