6 replies
johneydriscoll Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
johneydriscoll Posted 12 Apr 2008 , 6:23pm
post #2 of 7

can someone respond I'm only 14

MnSnow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MnSnow Posted 13 Apr 2008 , 3:54am
post #3 of 7

Hi- I'm sorry no one responded to you. Most people swear by the kitchen aide mixers, however, it depends on what kind of money you have. A really good mixer is expensive.

I just bought a cuisinart 7 qt 1000 watt mixer and paid $400.00 for it.

Look at what you can afford and go from there

ALVARGA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ALVARGA Posted 13 Apr 2008 , 9:43pm
post #4 of 7

I have a Kitchen-Aid 4 1/2 qt and it is great. I use it at least twice a week. It has good power but is heavy (good motor). Mine has a permanent spot on my kitchen counter. I also have an extra mixing bowl. It's great when I am doing a lot of mixing at one time. Hope this helps. icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

babybelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
babybelle Posted 13 Apr 2008 , 9:56pm
post #5 of 7

I just bought a Kitchenaid mixer, but I bought mine used and it is in mint condition. Try looking online in your local For Sale sections. I got mine for less than half of what I would've paid in the store.

Amia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amia Posted 13 Apr 2008 , 9:59pm
post #6 of 7

I would say start with the Kitchenaid Classic. Look on eBay and Amazon for good deals. Amazon has it for $178 right now with no tax and free shipping (http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00004SGFW/?tag=cakecentral-20). If you don't have a lot of money, and who does these days, but need a mixer, you can get the little Sunbeam, at Wal-mart, for less than $50. It's not going to be a good mixer. I've only used a Sunbeam once but, while it did do the job and met my basic needs, I was unimpressed.

HTH thumbs_up.gif

DoniB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DoniB Posted 13 Apr 2008 , 10:00pm
post #7 of 7

I'd definitely recommend a Kitchen Aid, if it's within your means to get one (or your parents). My argument to them, should you put a high-dollar mixer on your wish list for birthdays or Christmas, is that Kitchen Aid has a reputation for lasting for decades. Many of them. So it's an investment in your culinary future... something you'll be able to take with you to culinary school, even. *grin*

But yeah... Kitchen Aid rocks. The stand mixers are pricey, but the hand-held is probably more obtainable for someone your age. You can get one for around $50, and they work just great. (I have both stand and a hand-held KA mixers, and I love them both.) I actually got my hand-held with the help of a coupon from Bed, Bath, and Beyond, and a gift card from Mom and Dad. icon_smile.gif

Good luck getting one! A good mixer makes all the difference sometimes. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%