How To Decorate Autism Cookies

Baking By siahsammi Updated 17 Apr 2008 , 8:17pm by kneadacookie

siahsammi  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
siahsammi Posted 12 Apr 2008 , 5:10pm
post #1 of 8

i don't know where to start in decorating the autism signature the ribbon or the puzzle. can you help????????? thank you!!!!!!!!!

7 replies
 feliciangel  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
feliciangel Posted 12 Apr 2008 , 5:34pm
post #2 of 8

i personally would use royal icing, using black to make the puzzle design then make the royal icing a lil runny using the primary colors so it floods in (don't what the name is called). i now a lot of people talk about color flow, i never used it,but i think the royal icing works good. i would use the cookie cutter that looks like the ribbon for autism awareness ,iv seen them at micheals.

nicolesplace  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nicolesplace Posted 12 Apr 2008 , 5:35pm
post #3 of 8

I can see how that would be a challenge. Are you trying to do ribbon shaped cookies with the coloured puzzle pieces iced on the cookies?

After I google imaged "autism ribbon" my thought would be to do puzzle piece shaped cookies flooded with solid colours.

nicolesplace  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nicolesplace Posted 12 Apr 2008 , 5:45pm
post #4 of 8

BTW - what kind of cookie are you making. My friend's son is autistic & there are alot of dietary restrictions. You may know this but...

kneadacookie  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kneadacookie Posted 12 Apr 2008 , 5:52pm
post #5 of 8

i just got an order for cookies for an autistic gathering. i'm actually doing a cutout puzzle piece

feliciangel  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
feliciangel Posted 12 Apr 2008 , 7:23pm
post #6 of 8

yeah my sons an autie and a lot of kids are on the GFCF (gluten free casein free) diet which is basically no dairy and no wheat.

kneadacookie Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 8:14pm
post #7 of 8

oh boy, the girl ordering has 2 autistic kids and didn't say anything about any restrictions.

these are the samples i did for her
LL

kneadacookie Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 8:17pm
post #8 of 8

i don't know why i keep having problems with double posts...sorry

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%