Trying To Have A Baby!!

Lounge By KaraN Updated 17 Apr 2008 , 8:29pm by mkerton

KaraN Posted 12 Apr 2008 , 2:15pm
post #1 of 12

Hi all. My husband and I have been trying to have a baby only for a couple of months now. We'll see in about a week or so if it worked this time. icon_wink.gif Anyways, anyone have any suggestions for me about what kind of foods I should be eating when I get pregnant or other things I should be doing? I am pretty bad at eating junk food, especially chocolate, but I only want to do what is healthy for a baby. I am excited and nervous at the same time. I am 28 and my husband is 35 and we finally feel like it is the right time to add to our family. Anyways, any suggestions for how we should deal with everything that will be new in our lives?

11 replies
christy06 Posted 12 Apr 2008 , 11:03pm
post #2 of 12

Im so excited for you!! Hopefully you get pg soon. You should check out www.twoweekwait.com. It's a great group of girls obsessing over all there "symptoms". Any question you have can be answered there!

GL
Christy

KaraN Posted 13 Apr 2008 , 12:23am
post #3 of 12

hmmm. there are a lot of wierd symptoms. I have a couple of them unless it is all in my head (wishful thinking.) I have felt a little queezy at times the a couple of days so far and felt a little faint yesterday morning.

christy06 Posted 13 Apr 2008 , 12:46am
post #4 of 12

Your symptoms sound good. LOL... i swear i make up symptoms everymonth.

KaraN Posted 13 Apr 2008 , 12:49am
post #5 of 12

the one thing I am not experiencing is something everyone I know tells me is almost a sure sign...and that is soreness of the sisters....is that too much info????

christy06 Posted 13 Apr 2008 , 1:55am
post #6 of 12

Yeah sore bbs is one sign that everyone seems to get. I have been trying for 22 months and still have not gotten pg, so i cant tell you for sure. You should really check out www.twoweekwait.com. There is so much info on there, and you can see what other people experience before they get there bfp.

christy

KaraN Posted 14 Apr 2008 , 2:32am
post #7 of 12

oh well. I'll have to check into those symptoms next month. It didn't happen for me this month. I'm a little bummed right now.

buzymom1975 Posted 14 Apr 2008 , 1:33pm
post #8 of 12

Oh so sorry KaraN. My DH and I had the same trouble and we found that when we quit trying so hard, we actually were able to conceive. Best of luck to you and your DH.

mkerton Posted 16 Apr 2008 , 2:09pm
post #9 of 12

I was able to get preggo with my son first try nearly 4 years ago.......so imagine my surprise when we go to start trying again and it took us 5 months! My docs say it was amazing I got preggo the first time so fast since my uterus tilts so bad. Anyway.....I was just going to comment that not everyone has sore boobs (at least nothing too bad) and that at least for me, i didnt really have any Symptoms of pregnancy until well after I found out (I know thats also not true of everyone).

Good luck to everyone who is trying! The first 4 months, I obsessed over ovulation calendars etc, the 5th month, I just said the heck with it, this hasnt been too fun and did whatever we wanted to, whenever we wanted to (not when it said we "had" too) and that is when we got preggo. I told my Mom that i had everything so well planned, I knew I wouldnt have trouble conceiving so I picked the month I wanted to have the baby and worked back.......she just laughed at me and said, you make all these plans, God laughs! SO TRUE.

CoveredInCake Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 2:07pm
post #10 of 12

sending baby vibes your way!!!!!!!!

KaraN Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 7:59pm
post #11 of 12

thanks for the support everyone. mkerton that is funny. you sound just like me! I bought an ovulation testing kit and everything this month! I hope I'm not psyching myself out!!! icon_razz.gif

mkerton Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 8:29pm
post #12 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraN

thanks for the support everyone. mkerton that is funny. you sound just like me! I bought an ovulation testing kit and everything this month! I hope I'm not psyching myself out!!! icon_razz.gif

yeah I did that too, dont know what i was doing wrong, but evidently I never ovulated (well obviously I did but the test never worked for me)! That was when I decided to scrap everything and really let nature take its course..... with my son, I had no expectations, so I assumed it would take awhile so I didnt even try anything at first (other than giving up the B/C obviously), I am a big believer in mind over matter (not that it works in all cases) but stress from wondering what if, and putting pressure on yourself or your spouse.....may well just make things more difficult.

To answer the initial question about healthy eating habits and such, I would start now trying to reduce your caffeine intake (if you are a caffeine junky at any rate)......... one of the hardest things for me was to give up caffeine when I was preggo with my first child, so I made sure afterwards never to get hooked on it again! I know they say you can have some caffeine, but I am one of those who had a very hard time stopping at one can of diet coke (and not to mention diet pop isnt great for us either)..... so it was just easier on me to quit it all. You can also start taking over-the-counter prenatal vitamins now....... the beginning of the pregnancy is the most crucial and often we dont even know we are preggo for a few weeks of it! I found taking my prenatal vitamins before bed were a better bet for me (even when not preggo if I take a vitamin in the morning it makes me sick to my stomach, so I just take them at night and sleep through the discomfort).

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%