How About A Thread To Seriously Discuss Making Cupcakes?????

Baking By Cookies4kids Updated 11 Dec 2020 , 12:18pm by -K8memphis

tenleysmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tenleysmommy Posted 15 Apr 2008 , 3:50am
post #211 of 11579

So i made some yummy cupcakes today!Smore's!Graham cracker cuppie with graham cracker crust topped with layer of chocolate ganache and then piped swirl of marshmallow frosting and took the culinary torch to them!They were great.Will try to post a pic if I can ever figure out how to shrink my pics icon_wink.gif

vickymacd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vickymacd Posted 15 Apr 2008 , 3:55am
post #212 of 11579

I'm not a beer drinker but wanted to make the stout cake for St.Pat's day, and just want those of you that aren't beer drinkers to realize there IS a difference between BEER and STOUT. And Stout is more expensive as well. Just a tip.

nefgaby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nefgaby Posted 15 Apr 2008 , 4:04am
post #213 of 11579

Wow, this is perfect timing for me... I have a million cupcakes to make for mother's day (OK ... not really a million but pretty close icon_rolleyes.gif ) and all this info! THANKS!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 15 Apr 2008 , 8:14am
post #214 of 11579
Quote:
Originally Posted by maryjsgirl

I haven't had a chance to make this yet, I just look at them and drool...

http://thebarmybaker.blogspot.com/2007/09/getting-high-with-hi-hat-cupcakes.html

alright. your post made me cave. i have chocolate cupcakes in the oven right now and am gonna make a marshmallow frosting. all your fault. icon_razz.gif

ETA

i can't get my marshmallow frosting stiff enough though icon_sad.gif so i can't make that high hat style. aww well. i'll just eat this whole bowl of frosting instead icon_biggrin.gif

pjmw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pjmw Posted 15 Apr 2008 , 11:12am
post #215 of 11579

thebarmybaker's cupcakes are enough to put my in a diabetic overload LOL! They have got to be amazing...guess I'll have to try them!

Penny7271 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Penny7271 Posted 15 Apr 2008 , 11:48am
post #216 of 11579
Quote:
Originally Posted by maryjsgirl

I haven't had a chance to make this yet, I just look at them and drool...

http://thebarmybaker.blogspot.com/2007/09/getting-high-with-hi-hat-cupcakes.html

I've made these...and they are INCREDIBLE!

The are super sweet, so you can definitely only eat one...but they are YUMMY!

Penny7271 Posted 15 Apr 2008 , 11:49am
post #217 of 11579
Quote:
Originally Posted by vickymacd

I'm not a beer drinker but wanted to make the stout cake for St.Pat's day, and just want those of you that aren't beer drinkers to realize there IS a difference between BEER and STOUT. And Stout is more expensive as well. Just a tip.

Most definitely!

Any stout is worth the extra $ icon_wink.gif

lv2bake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lv2bake Posted 15 Apr 2008 , 1:50pm
post #218 of 11579

Great thread! I would love to see a section on CC that has to do with cupcakes, I see cookies and cakes but would love a cupcake section icon_smile.gif. great info everyone icon_smile.gif

Darlene

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 16 Apr 2008 , 4:23am
post #219 of 11579

My kitchen is a total disaster! I had to stop though...I ran out of bowls.

I just wanted to say THANK YOU ALL VERY MUCH!

No, really. I had my grandson today...I just sent him home. I had to bathe him first ...he and grandma tasted all the goodies.

This is the extent of my damage...I think I got A-D-D when it comes to sweets...I should be making flowers instead, I'm playing with cupcakes.
LL
LL
LL
LL

Rhienn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rhienn Posted 16 Apr 2008 , 4:32am
post #220 of 11579

Good gracious, that's a lot of cupcakes! What round tip are you using for your swirls? I need a bigger round tip and that looks like just about the perfect size.

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 16 Apr 2008 , 4:33am
post #221 of 11579

yum!!!! why can't my spur-of-the-moment cupcakes look and sound as goos that???? send me some?

all4cake Posted 16 Apr 2008 , 4:38am
post #222 of 11579

Tip 12
and a tipless coupler(without the gap in it)

I would love to send you some! 10 dozen PLUS PLUS 2-3 6" layers of each...well, only 1 of the pumpkin spice...but still...I can play for a while. I better wrap them up and get started on them flowers.

BCJean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BCJean Posted 16 Apr 2008 , 5:13am
post #223 of 11579

?

I love the look of the swirly cupcakes and cupcakes with large flowers on top. My question.... how do you eat these? Do you eat all of the frosting first, then eat the cake? Do you remove the paper and open your mouth wide enough to eat both cake and frosting? Do you put it on a plate and eat it with a fork?
I am not trying to be funny, I really don't know. I would love it is some of you would post photos of you eating a cupcake, using your own special style.
I make cupcakes a lot for other people but when I make them for myself I put just a thin layer of icing, so I can eat it. Please help me solve the eating problem.

all4cake Posted 16 Apr 2008 , 5:22am
post #224 of 11579

LOL...I know you said you ain't tryin' to be funny...but that is funny..."I would love it is some of you would post photos of you eating a cupcake, using your own special style."

I prefer to eat mine in the dark so no one can see me make a pig of myself. It depends on the icing, the cupcake and if I'm busy.

If it's an ooey gooey creamy icing, I pull back the paper and open wide enough to get cake and icing in together...if it's thicker, denser icing...it gets treated like the inside of an Oreo cookie...licklicklick. If the cupcake is firm, I save enough icing to take the cake ...if the cupcake is soft and moist it doesn't matter....If it's filled...oh hayell....the paper gets pulled back like opening a flower and I bite right into the middle...

Like I said....

I prefer to eat them in the dark...

BCJean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BCJean Posted 16 Apr 2008 , 5:26am
post #225 of 11579

OK, all4cake,
I guess I didn't have a problem. The ways I have been doing it were all the correct way. I didn't realize you were supposed to wait until dark to do it though. I will remember that. Thank you.

all4cake Posted 16 Apr 2008 , 5:41am
post #226 of 11579

LOL

I don't know what is correct...I was sharing how I would eat 'em.

vickymacd Posted 16 Apr 2008 , 11:21am
post #227 of 11579

With the Hi-Hats, I have no idea how to eat those big boys, but with normal cupcakes, I peel back only half and eat that part then peel the other half. But for me, I also don't like a lot of frosting. But will try the Hi-Hats sometime.
Now, if you were my kids, sometimes they eat the papers!
If you saw my dog eat a cupcake, well, we've never seen him eat it...more like sucked down! Devoured!

pjmw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pjmw Posted 16 Apr 2008 , 11:24am
post #228 of 11579

and I thought my 72 cupcakes this weekend made a mess! What beautiful cupcakes and what fun to do this with a grandchild. As for my eating preference...open wide! LOL

Paula

Penny7271 Posted 16 Apr 2008 , 11:30am
post #229 of 11579

The hi hats weren't that hard to eat. Just peel and take bite by bite...some with frosting, some with cake, some with both! It was very sweet and a little messy - but not all that bad.

My son was SO funny with the hi-hats! He made a little hole in the top and then licked the icing out...then ate the rest. He's an "eat the frosting first" kind of kid - so that was his solution for the hardened chocolate. Silly!

CakesByLJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesByLJ Posted 16 Apr 2008 , 1:57pm
post #230 of 11579
Quote:
Originally Posted by all4cake

Like I said....

What?? Then we would have missed this visual icon_eek.gif Personally, I try not to eat them in public icon_wink.gif
That is a lot of cupcakes you just "whipped up" omg.. they all look and sound sooooo good... thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

cuppy_cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cuppy_cake Posted 16 Apr 2008 , 2:06pm
post #231 of 11579

i tend to use just a simple sponge cake mix with a cuple of teaspoons of baking powder & food colouring.

works wonders icon_biggrin.gif

Usually top my cup cakes with melted chocolate or a white chocolate and cream cheese topping icon_smile.gif

simplicity is the key with cupcakes i think

Ironbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ironbaker Posted 16 Apr 2008 , 2:12pm
post #232 of 11579

BCJean, you still cracked me up with your posts even if you weren't trying to be funny. The idea of seeing a bunch of pictures of mouths eating cupcakes has me so tickled. icon_lol.gif

I double dog dare someone to post one. icon_razz.gif

I'm balls to the wall with mine, I don't care. I'm eating it. Whichever way works.

cuppy_cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cuppy_cake Posted 16 Apr 2008 , 2:33pm
post #233 of 11579

thats not always a good idea lol!
i ate some once that i made and they were kinda like rock.
you had to have like a gallon of milk to wash them down with!
im soooooooooooooooooo dreadful with deserts and cakes icon_sad.gif
its like a nightmare!

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 16 Apr 2008 , 2:37pm
post #234 of 11579

OMG All4Cake, that was cruel and unusual punishment showing me all those cuppies!! Evil genius!! icon_wink.gif

As for eating... you know what I like to do when possible (and when there are witnesses?) Unwrap the victim... I mean cupcake, split the bottom of the cake off and flip it over on top. Now you have a frosting sandwich and less frosting goes up your nose. Obviously that wouldn't be practical with those evil... naughty... bad, bad hi-hats (which I intend to make as soon as humanly possible, thank you very much!) icon_lol.gif All I can think of when I look at them is a chocolate dipped ice cream cone from Dairy Queen. Oh Lord... help me be strong!

When there aren't witnesses, or when those witnesses are not the kind that will stare agape... all bets are off. There WILL be icing up my nose! icon_wink.gif

And Vicky... I don't believe anyone has ever seen a dog eat anything... it's just there, then it's gone. There is no chewing, no evidence of pleasure, it just directly back to that sad begging face that says, "Weren't you going to give me a cupcake? I think you meant to... you said something about it earlier! I'd sure like it now..." icon_lol.gif

vickymacd Posted 16 Apr 2008 , 2:46pm
post #235 of 11579

Melvira,
You're right about the dog begging, pleading!
Except, my dog should have been named Houdini! How he sneeks into the kitchen (eat an entire dinner I have just made that was sitting on the counter) while I was calling everyone for dinner and sneek out so fast amazes me! My kids don't mind since the dog ate the dinner, all that is left is DESSERT!!

And, Melvira, thinking of you with frosting up your nose cracked me up!!...Mistress of the Frosting Nose!

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 16 Apr 2008 , 2:57pm
post #236 of 11579

They don't call me SugarShnoz for nothing baby!

Ok, it's really not that bad, but it's funnier this way! icon_wink.gif

vickymacd Posted 16 Apr 2008 , 3:00pm
post #237 of 11579

Now I'm envisioning someone watching someone blow their nose and frosting comes out!!!

frstech Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
frstech Posted 16 Apr 2008 , 9:15pm
post #238 of 11579
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvira

OMG All I can think of when I look at them is a chocolate dipped ice cream cone from Dairy Queen. Oh Lord... help me be strong!

Hey Mel,

That was my first thought too, so I was wondering , do you think we could put a few peanuts between the layers of frosting then dip in chocolate and have a Peanut Buster Parfait Cupcake?? YUMMMMM

Dawn

all4cake Posted 16 Apr 2008 , 9:24pm
post #239 of 11579
Quote:
Originally Posted by CakesByLJ

Quote:

Like I said....

What?? Then we would have missed this visual icon_eek.gif Personally, I try not to eat them in public icon_wink.gif
That is a lot of cupcakes you just "whipped up" omg.. they all look and sound sooooo good... thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

I am blaming the one who started this thread! I am still trying to get my kitchen back to "normal".

I don't think I've ever wanted to make something as badly as I did cupcakes after reading this thread.

I truly need to take a break from this site for a while.

CakesByLJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesByLJ Posted 16 Apr 2008 , 9:36pm
post #240 of 11579
Quote:

I don't think I've ever wanted to make something as badly as I did cupcakes after reading this thread.

I truly need to take a break from this site for a while.

Boy howdy, can I relate to that~! icon_surprised.gif I thought it was only me icon_razz.gif Not only have I been rumaging thru my recipe books... I ordered two new cupcake books online today... icon_redface.gif
I need help icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%