Problem With Chocolate Wasc Recipe...

Decorating By plbennett_8 Updated 13 Apr 2008 , 6:16pm by JenniferL

plbennett_8 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
plbennett_8 Posted 12 Apr 2008 , 3:37am
post #1 of 8

Good evening all,

Has anyone else had problems with the chocolate version of the WASC cake crumbling and falling apart? The first time, I thought it was just a fluke, but it just happened again. I have a cake due tomorrow for a little girls' confirmation, and here it is 10:30 pm and I am having to rebake...

I have never had a problem with the white version, and yes I followed the recipe for the chocolate... Do I need to dump this version, and maybe go to the durable for chocolate cakes? With my schedule, a cake falling apart really make life hard...

Ideas...suggestions... HELP!!! icon_sad.gif

It going to be a Very Long Night...sigh...
Pat

7 replies
JenniferL Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferL Posted 12 Apr 2008 , 3:46am
post #2 of 8

Sorry for your cake frustration. I've not had any problems with the chocolate version. Are you using a different brand of mix?

plbennett_8 Posted 12 Apr 2008 , 4:08am
post #3 of 8

Nope Duncan Hines...

plbennett_8 Posted 12 Apr 2008 , 4:20am
post #4 of 8

Could using cake flour instead of all purpose make that much of a difference? I use it in the white version all the time, and used it in this one...

JenniferL Posted 12 Apr 2008 , 1:38pm
post #5 of 8

Here's an article that I found about substituting cake flour for all purpose flour. Part of it said that the texture will be crumblier with cake flour, but it also explains the best way to substitute it. I hope it helps! icon_smile.gif

http://www.dummies.com/WileyCDA/DummiesArticle/Baking-101-Flour-and-Sugar.id-1082.html

JenniferL Posted 12 Apr 2008 , 1:46pm
post #6 of 8

Sorry it's from a "for dummies" site, but it explained everything really well! icon_lol.gif

plbennett_8 Posted 13 Apr 2008 , 3:44am
post #7 of 8

Yes it did! icon_smile.gif Thank you very much. icon_smile.gif Me, I have no problem taking in information where ver it's available...lol That certainly explained the crumbly... And hey, all purpose is cheaper than cake flour...lol

Thanks! icon_smile.gif
Pat

JenniferL Posted 13 Apr 2008 , 6:16pm
post #8 of 8

You're welcome! Hopefully, you won't have to to give up on the chocolate WASC now! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%