My Own Birthday Cake..

Decorating By lindy01 Updated 24 Sep 2009 , 1:18am by Barb1959

lindy01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lindy01 Posted 12 Apr 2008 , 2:54am
post #1 of 13

i was planning on making a 3 tier whimsical cake for my birthday on the 23rd. using my airbrush because I've never used it yet!! but now I've got a cake order for 3 cakes the day before mine!! ahh.
so now i'm going to make and freeze two of the cakes for the order so all i have to do is defrost them. but because i've thought so much about this order i'm stuck on ideas to make for my own. any ideas?

12 replies
dragonflydreams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dragonflydreams Posted 12 Apr 2008 , 3:24am
post #2 of 13

. . . if it was me . . . I'd probably go through my favs and come up with something that I could only "dream" of making . . . just for fun . . .

hope you have a fabulous B-day icon_biggrin.gif

Zombiecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Zombiecakes Posted 12 Apr 2008 , 3:08pm
post #3 of 13

I would also go through my favorite pictures and do something no one would ever ask for.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 13 Apr 2008 , 1:22am
post #4 of 13

There must be techniques or themes you have been dying to try......well now is the time to go for iticon_smile.gif

aoliveira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aoliveira Posted 13 Apr 2008 , 4:15am
post #5 of 13

I agree. Do something you've been wanting to try or a technique you want to practice.

lindy01 Posted 14 Apr 2008 , 5:46am
post #6 of 13

thanks. i'l let you guys know how it all went. it must be a lucky boy whos yurning 5 to have parents who buy him 3 birthday cakes!! one for kindy one for friends after kindy and one for family tea.

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 14 Apr 2008 , 6:02am
post #7 of 13

Hey! My birthday is on the 23rd too!!

cocobean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cocobean Posted 14 Apr 2008 , 6:08am
post #8 of 13

Hey, we just ate the birthday cake I made for myself, tonight. Copied one from the Whimsical Bakehouse with roses, pansies and other flowers on the top. My first time making roses. I loved how it turned out. Happy Birthday to me! My family was impressed. Have fun making your cake and Happy Birthday! party.gif Take a look its in my pic's. icon_redface.gif

lindy01 Posted 27 Apr 2008 , 3:18am
post #9 of 13

this is how it turned out.
LL

mommycakediva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommycakediva Posted 27 Apr 2008 , 3:30am
post #10 of 13

For sure go with something new and fun! Hope you have a great Bday!!

dragonflydreams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dragonflydreams Posted 27 Apr 2008 , 3:34am
post #11 of 13

. . . that looks great . . . is it your first topsy turvy . . . hope you had a GREAT day to go with your GREAT cake thumbs_up.gif

lindy01 Posted 27 Apr 2008 , 3:53am
post #12 of 13

yeah it was my first topsy turvey, i stressed alot hoping that it wount fall! i had a great day. ended up making two other cakes also for the same day. it was a mission!

Barb1959 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Barb1959 Posted 24 Sep 2009 , 1:18am
post #13 of 13

I know this was posted a long time ago, but I am new and just saw it. It's great and the funny thing is I have that exact cake book sitting on my table right now. Very belated happy birthday

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%