Is It Just Me? I'm Curious.

Decorating By Iloveweddings Updated 12 Apr 2008 , 5:12am by mezzaluna

Iloveweddings Posted 12 Apr 2008 , 2:05am
post #1 of 5

Hi. I find those cake toppers with a groom trying to get away from the bride terrible. I see them on a lot of cakes. Don't you want your groom to be wanting to marring you, not trying to get away? A friend of mine (male in fact) said if his bride wanted that on the cake he would call off the wedding. He went as far as to say anyone having that on their cake he doesn't expect the marriage to last. icon_surprised.gif

Do any of you feel this way? judge.gif

Please don't hate me if you disagree.

4 replies
just_desserts Posted 12 Apr 2008 , 2:10am
post #2 of 5

I totally agree! When my GD was getting married she looked at them & laughed. Thought it "was cute", but no way did she want it on her cake! It might be cute on a bridal shower cake but not the wedding cake. JMHO!

pastryjen Posted 12 Apr 2008 , 2:12am
post #3 of 5

I think they are totally inappropriate for a wedding cake.

fmcmulle Posted 12 Apr 2008 , 2:15am
post #4 of 5

I don't hate you but I do disagree. My son and his wife had one on their cake and if you knew them you would understand. They are two of the funniest people and with their sense of humor it was perfect. They had a beautiful ceremony and the reception was fun for all of who attended. They didn't want any part of the reception to be stuffy and believe me everyone had a great time.
I think its just a personal preference. icon_lol.gif

mezzaluna Posted 12 Apr 2008 , 5:12am
post #5 of 5

I hate hate hate those. They are so TACKY and SO tasteless. One can absolutely have a *non-stuffy* wedding reception WITHOUT those cheesy-@$$ tacky-ugly figurines.

All they do is perpetuate the MYTH that the only thing we women want is to GET MARRIED!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%