Do You Like Using Choco Pan? Just Bought Some To Try It Out

Baking By cocobean Updated 11 Apr 2008 , 11:41pm by tiggy2

cocobean Posted 11 Apr 2008 , 10:58pm
post #1 of 6

I have always made and used mmf. Just thought I'd try this Choco Pan. I bought it at Bakers Cash and Carry. It was 33.00 for 4 lbs. Very expensive compared to the homemade mmf. But I thought well I would't be paying for shipping. I wanted to try making different colors since its just white. Expecially wanted to try red. Since that color doesn't work with my mmf. Does it take color well? What are the things you like about it? Making bows ect...

5 replies
jessfmaldonado Posted 11 Apr 2008 , 11:19pm
post #2 of 6

I absolutely love Choco-Pan!!!!!!!!1 It's my favorite fondant!!! Its so good! I can work it better than Satin Ice too. You can roll it thinner as well. I have not used it for bows or 3D objects yet. However for cakes, mmmmmmmmmmmm its good. The chocolate NOIRE, tastes like tootsie rolls!! Looks so smooth on cakes too! As you can see I LOVE CHOCO-PAN. The website I get it at is alot cheaper than a few out there its Fondantsource . com. If you live in florida, he is in orlando, and will give you the internet prices (which are cheaper than in the store) if you ask him!! I love that website!

kakeladi Posted 11 Apr 2008 , 11:22pm
post #3 of 6

I used it once when it 1st came out and did not have a good experience icon_sad.gif
But basically it is used exactly like you would any other fondant.

foxymomma521 Posted 11 Apr 2008 , 11:26pm
post #4 of 6

I didn't like it either, but I also LOVE fondantsource for all of my cake stuff

toleshed Posted 11 Apr 2008 , 11:37pm
post #5 of 6

I just checked out that website. Its great. Question:
how does the fondant and gumpaste Impression mat work?

tiggy2 Posted 11 Apr 2008 , 11:41pm
post #6 of 6

I love it! It taste so much better then any of the others. If you're going to use it for bows add some gumpate or tylose to it. I haven't made red bu I have colored it and it takes color well.

Quote by @%username% on %date%